Intros & Outros

arpie

Reaction score
Hi guys

Found this neat Video & sheet of Intros & Outros - used to introduce a song, or between verses, or even finishing off a song .....

[video]http://liveukulele.com/lessons/jazzy-intros-and-outros[/video]

He seems to be doing pretty 'hard' chords, so use this sheet to find the ones that best suits your! Lots of easy, good sounding chord sets. With thanks to Howlin' Hobbit for putting up such great sheets! In case you can't get into the url, I've put pics of the sheets
http://www.salemukes.com/uke_chord_progressions.pdf
Picture 35.jpgPicture 30.jpgPicture 32.jpgPicture 36.jpgPicture 31.jpg

Try different strum patterns to come up with the one that sounds the best! They even make a 'learner' sound good! :D

Cheers

Roberta

Last edited:
Hippie Guy (Live 'Ukulele) is a long time member of UU. The 2nd link you provided is actually from Howlin' Hobbit who is also a member.

WOW!! How good is that!! I Hope it is ok by both members to put the links up!

Cheers

Roberta

It's fine by me! A link is like total validation for me. Proof that people enjoy and use the material I've made.

I think the main vamp I work my lesson around is basically a C Am F G7 progression. The "hard" chords I use are just basic jazz chords to make it more interesting.

Thanks, Brad - it is a terrific video & I've bookmarked your other vids too! :)

Cheers

Roberta

Excellent Post, arpie. Very Nice

Hippie Guy (Live 'Ukulele) is a long time member of UU. The 2nd link you provided is actually from Howlin' Hobbit who is also a member.

Thanks for fixing the link! I had no idea that (at one time or another) the Salem uke folk had a copy of the chord progressions one on their site. The link seems to be broken now.

I have two similar docs, one of them just has a little bit about intros and outros, the other has a number of standard progressions in a variety of keys. The latter one is what is in those (kinda tiny) pics from the OP. Downloading the pdf from my site will get them up to readable size. :)

Yep broken for me too. If anybody has the pdfs please drop me a PM.

thanks in advamce,
ivan

really enjoyed both Howlin Hobbits and brads lessons on intro's and outro's, they have always been a problem for me, been a subscriber to Brads lessons for a while and they are excellent, its great to know guys like Brad and Howlin Hobbit take the time to share their vast knowledge with us mere mortals, will be taking a lot of tips from both of them thanx guys, and thanx to Roberta for posting yet another great thread for us all to enjoy

Funny - the salem link still works fine for me!! Anyone wanting a PDF of the intros & outros, just PM me your email address & I'll shoot them to you! Mention 'intros & outros' on the subject tag. :)

THis is Hobbit's link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1125378/ukulele docs/uke_chord_progressions.pdf

Yes, Kaizer - there are some VERY kind, knowledgeable folk out there that enable us newbies to become better players!!

cheerio

Roberta

Last edited:
Top Bottom