WTB: Quality hardcase for a Mya-Moe

rasputinsghost

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting a mya-moe in the mail tomorrow and am looking for some protection beyond a foam case. Are there any good quality tenor cases (like a DaSilva, for instance) that anybody has floating around? Thanks.

I would recommend either an Ameritage or a Kamoa. I have the silver Ameritage cases in both concert size and tenor, they are very well padded, have list of storage space and are very protective - though they are quite heavy if you plan to travel with it.

For travel, I prefer my Kamoa cases - I have two tenors (red and custom teal), and a yellow soprano. They don't have lots of padding and storage but they are incredibly light and comfortable to carry by handle or backpack straps. I travel a lot, and would only use on of these for that.

I did a comparison review of Kamoa vs. Ameritage here. http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...9937-The-case-on-cases-Kamoa-Ameritage-Kamaka

Good luck and congrats on the Mya Moe!

Thanks!!! I'm hoping someobody out there has a used Kamoa case they wouldn't mind parting with! :)

I would say get a new one, especially for your custom uke if you gonna travel few times with it.

I'm pretty sure that ALL Mya-Moes now come in the upgraded Uke Crazy hard cases. I think that might be why they jacked up the prices on the Traditions but not the Classics. I'm just guessing though- could be wrong.

I too have a Ameritage silver which I use for my MP custom. As wicked mentioned, it is reasonable heavy, but I do feel very secure tossing it around or packing things on top of it. Everyone who sees it thinks there'll be a violin inside...

From what I can see of the Mya-moe's, looks like they would fit well into an Ameritage.

If you're feeling lucky, you might consider waiting until they go on sale again at Elderly. I think I got mine on sale there for around $125.

Congrats of the new uke! I saw the picture of it on the Mya-moe site. Looks sweet. I really like the one piece top and back; very unique.

I'm pretty sure that ALL Mya-Moes now come in the upgraded Uke Crazy hard cases. I think that might be why they jacked up the prices on the Traditions but not the Classics. I'm just guessing though- could be wrong.

I got mine shortly after the price change and it still came with the rigid foam case. The one thing I did notice is that Mya-Moe tenors have slightly smaller bodies than most tenors, and have a little extra room in most shaped hardshell cases. That's not an issue with a rigid foam case, because it's held in place with the velcro strap-- but with many wooden hardshells, I think you may need a little extra padding in the case to prevent the uke from moving around.

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/optionsPricing.html

The premium hard case is now a standard feature on all models. That being said, Rich is right: their tenors are small. I had one with the premium hard case and there was a lot of room inside around the uke. I never took it out of the house though so it wasn't an issue to me.

Last edited:
I just tried my Mya-Moe in a Ko'olau tenor case, and the fit was acutally quite good. Although the Mya-Moe is slightly small for the case, the location of the waist on the case still creates a good snug fit.

Top Bottom