Thread: A String's "Worth" of Difference...

Default A String's "Worth" of Difference...

I was really excited to finally get my Favilla Teardrop this past Tuesday. I hurried home, snatched it up, and took it to my lesson with my classical guitar teacher. During the lesson I noticed that the G string sounded dead. I was worried that there might be a problem with the bridge or the nut that was causing the poor sound quality on that string. My teacher thought I was having a technique problem and was suggesting that I pluck the G-string with a different part of my thumb or at a different angle.

I thought that it might be the string - and I was right.

The uke came to me already set up with what looked like mis-matched strings. The C, E, & A were white and looked like they might be Aquilas - and they sounded very good. But the G string was clear and sounded very wooden and "plonky".

I changed out the G string last night for a Worth's Clear - and WOW!!! The difference in sound was unbelievable. I am getting that pretty, resonant bell-like tone that is the Worth's signature. It is just beautiful, and I am so relieved that there is nothing wrong with my Favilla. With the new G string this Teardrop really sings! I can tell that this is going to be my main ax.

Sometimes a good string makes all the difference. To me, Worth's are worth it.
    (Pronounced: "Cha-nee" or "Johnny")
    Check me out on YouTube...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyUku

"But now bring me a musician." And when the musician played, the hand of the LORD came upon him... 2nd Kings 3:15

Glad to hear you pretty uke's got a pretty singing voice. Congrats on finding a great ukulele/string combo!
    -Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

I'm glad you find the right strings for you, it can be a tough search to find the right strings for your uke. Congrats.
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

Thread Information