Downloading UU Videos??

Hi Gang,

I'm very new to this but trying to figure out if there is a way to download the videos for playback at a later time/place? I have high speed internet at work and only dial-up at home and would like to download the videos and watch/practice at home. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Mark

I've only had success downloading the UU vids found on YouTube. There are free websites that will do this. Just google "capture YouTube video".

It can be done for any of the UU videos, youtube or else where but I am not sure on the UU policy on downloading their content (as it is not easy to do so im thinking it has been done intentionally) and I know a few videos are available for download for UU+ members so again I am not sure on the policy so I am not sure whether I should share my method or not (like you, in my country internet is dail up at best). If the UU crew doesnt mind, ill post it.

Thanks to both of you for the help. I certainly don't want to do anything in violation of UU rules, but I also would think they would want the videos to be used for personal use only any way they can. Lets wait and see what the UU crew has to say.
Thanks, Mark

Ditto above. If one tries, one can easily find ways around any sort of protection. However, in respect to the UU guys, that info shouldn't be placed here.

I didn't want to imply pirating. I guess I think of YouTube as public domain as long as I am not selling it. I just have great internet at work but suck at home. It's nice to have the vids usable at home. UU, what's your thoughts? I'd hate to taint this wonderful forum.

Top Bottom