Sept UU UKULELE GIVE-AWAY!

out or curiosity. does the shirt design have to say ukulele underground also?

Haha, technically, no ... It would be pretty cool to have "Ukulele Underground" or the UU logo on your design - but if you think that your shirt would be cooler, sleeker, more humorous, or just plain awesome-er in the absence of UU brand-i-fication, we'll still welcome it with open arms.

anaka, can you or whoever attach the .ai file of the UU logo?

... assuming someone has it.

I'd prefer the submissions not include the UU logo, just because its so easy to just slap it on. We want some creativity.

Oh, okay... good point. I only wanted to slap it on the bottom back of the shirt away from the actual design, but I guess UU can do that in press anyway, right?

can we use pictures from the internet? instead of drawing it?.

I would assume, yes as long as there's no copyrights to the images.

darn i was hoping for a contest i had a chance in =P
great idea for a contest though.

You don't need to be able design your idea. If you can think of a cool phrase that would look neat on an a UU shirt, that counts as an entry as well.

if I want to make some ukulele silhouettes, can I use specialty bottle shapes like the canoe pattle, the pineapple, and the flea/fluke without being sued?

Is the design just for the front of the t-shirt or can it wrap around the sides / shoulders? I have an idea in mind but it's a little extravagant.

if I want to make some ukulele silhouettes, can I use specialty bottle shapes like the canoe pattle, the pineapple, and the flea/fluke without being sued?

This is a concern that i share also. I've seen plenty of cases were people's artwork were stolen for commercial use without their permission. And i'd like to avoid any of that when designing for others. Whether you use a stock photo that isn't yours or even photoshop brushes that people have designed, be careful and make sure you have their permission. For personal use, it may be fine but for commercial use, they usually require their permission. Just wanted to bring that issue to light and I was wondering where the UU staff stands on issues like these. I for one want to use my "Uke with Wings" shirt that i made awhile back but I used a photoshop brush of someones and don't want to infringe on their work.

With that said..... time to get working :)

Sorry guys but this contest is mine!! haha jk may the best MAN or WOMAN win!

Top Bottom