Thread: Space Junk Recycling

Default Space Junk Recycling

Sounds like Australia (along w/the Pacific Ocean and Canada) is at the top of potential "distribution zones" for this falling bus size satellite. Which creative Aussie luthier will incorporate a piece of it in an "out of this world" uke build?

I'm assuming that no one used a part of the Spacelab that fell in 1979 around Perth (?). Second opportunities like this are rare! Time to prepare for Space Uke. Think of the inlay. Share some with Chuck.

I heard the crash zone was for California; midnight eastern time. I'm right in between california and Australia so it's more than likely to land in my backyard.
    As far as inlay material goes, try to explain the point of origin to a customs agent.
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

I'll be out late with the binoculars and a helmet searching for pieces that have certification intact! Start working on the design. I'm sure Barron River (Space Uke Subdivision) would share as well. That covers Australia, Hawaii, and California.

Eek! I'm in California, and that's in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by two dogs plucking View Post
    Eek! I'm in California, and that's in an hour.
    I'm a few hours behind you Steve. Let me know if you get anything. If you do I won't bother. Just in case I'm going to hunt down my old catchers mitt and butterfly net.
    Chuck Moore
    Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    http://www.moorebettahukes.com

About 15 years ago the space shuttle flew across the Bay Area on its' way to land in Florida. Got up at 3am to try and see it. It was a HUGE fireball that came right down our street. By the time I picked my jaw up off the pavement and got inside to turn on the TV, it was already landing in Florida. Coolest thing ever.

Thread Information