"(When It's) Darkness on the Delta" on banjo uke

Absolutely love the style on this one - well done! That one needs to be recorded on a wax cylinder for that old-tyme feel.

Jason

Thanks, fellas! You know, UkePA, I'd never heard it before I found the music, but sure enough, I found two barbershop renditions on YouTube as soon as I started looking. Those and one post of a 78 were the only ones. I used to sing baritone and lead in two quartets; still miss it!

Scan is on its way, Dave. :)

Last edited:
Terrific video, John! Catchy tune, too. Congrats on a great find. Looking forward to your next new song!
cheers
Roberta

Thanks, fellas! You know, UkePA, I'd never heard it before I found the music, but sure enough, I found two barbershop renditions on YouTube as soon as I started looking. Those and one post of a 78 were the only ones. I used to sing baritone and lead in two quartets; still miss it!

Great job John!

Thanks John- love to add this gem to the binder!

Fantastic! I love those old tunes! Did you make the bed just for the video?

wow John. That's one of my favourites of yours mate. Just beautifully played and sung. Your voice is so wonderful. Cheers and blessings brother!

Awsome! great job with everything.

Fantastic! I love those old tunes! Did you make the bed just for the video?

:D I should not say so, but yes. Thank you, Roxhum. :)

thanks, Jon. I really appreciate that, buddy!

Thank you, cb56, for the kind words. :)

Man, I just have to say THANK YOU for bringing such a beautiful song back to life. Wish I could find such old sheet music over here. You know any web sites or anything for such stuff...?

Sweet song, really enjoyed your rendition.

Thanks, Tor - UU's own Ian Chadwick has a great resource page for vintage sheet music. Just find what you need through his site: http://www.ianchadwick.com/essays/musicbooks.htm

Also - Jim Botorff's banjo page is a great resource: http://www.jbott.com/

Sailing Uke - thank you, mate - there's another verse in the sheet music. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

John

I was just going to say "Doc, Meet Ian Chadwick"...best $17 I ever spent (now to learn ho to play something-sigh)

Top Bottom