Thread: 5 in...

Default 5 in...

I am finishing up my 5th mini uke (this is only my scratch built, not my "re-builds" or solid bodied electrics), and this is getting cooler and cooler. I can feel, see and just sense that with each one, they get better and better. Each one I do, I learned something from the one previous to it, simply because I am building them just like their larger counterpart would be built, and it is cool. I am hoping by spring I will be ready to start building something more normal sized. I plan to build a super soprano, and a concert come spring that look in shape like the Aphid. I am getting kind of excited and can't wait to do one of those. These little ones are fun, and I have been learning allot without ruining too much material due to their size. If I mess up a side, top or neck, I simply toss away a few inches of good wood in lue of expensive full sized pieces. That is actually why I started out with these minis. Besides they are just fun to make. I am really looking forward in getting wood on my supper soprano come spring. I hope I'll be ready..
    Mahalo Ke Akua
    ------------------
    Ohana SK-35 a.k.a. "IZ"
    Ohana SK-21 a.k.a. "Ku'u poki'i <Kapookie>"
    Lanikai LU-21 a.k.a. "Cinderella"
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert Uke "Lil' Lester"
    Harmony Banjo Uke a.k.a. "Bango"
    Gibson Les Paul a.k.a. "Hobo Ted"
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio a.k.a. "Barnabas"
    Epiphone Les Paul a.k.a. "Blaze"
    Gretsch Tenor Banjo a.k.a. "Jed"
    Supertone 406, 5 string Banjo a.k.a. "GrandPa Jones"
    Fernendes Telecaster "Suemeh"

Good on ya, Tony. I love the original and creative way you're dipping your toes in the instrument building waters. Looking forward to those more pics come spring.

Steve

Thread Information