Mim's Give 'em the Old RAZZLE DAZZLE for a Makai Contest!

ooops, sorry, I forgot to congratulate ALL the competitors on their wins & thanks to ALL the contributors to the prize list! It really was a fantastic competition to 'follow from the side lines'.

Well done, one & all!
Merry Xmas
Roberta

Hello everyone!

Sorry I'm late to the game, I was in Portugal all weekend, and had no access to internet. But, here we go!

As you know, I chimed in as a judge on Mim's contest, with some very stringent criteria. These included: the weather, what color the entries were wearing, hairstyles, how much I drank last night and whether or not there were llamas present in the video. After much debating, I have decided on a winner.

There was animal abuse! There were crying babies! There weas excellent taste in eyewear! The winner of the Tina Liebt Dein Video, Und Wenn Du Glück Hast, Auch Dich Contest wäre:

CHRIMNESS!!

WITH THIS PARTICULAR PIECE OF KICKASS!

Also, ich brauche deine Adresse, und was du für Schokolade möchtest. Wenn du mutig genug bist, könnte ich dir eben ne Überraschung schicken :D

Tina.
Thanks so much- that rocks. I could not even win my own contest despite submitting a protest song. I realize that it was not by talent(in that case the choc Would have stayed in Celle) but through mostly cruelty and not showering for hours after a run but a win is a win. And, yes, I am mutig.

Hello everyone!

Sorry I'm late to the game, I was in Portugal all weekend, and had no access to internet. But, here we go!

As you know, I chimed in as a judge on Mim's contest, with some very stringent criteria. These included: the weather, what color the entries were wearing, hairstyles, how much I drank last night and whether or not there were llamas present in the video. After much debating, I have decided on a winner.

There was animal abuse! There were crying babies! There weas excellent taste in eyewear! The winner of the Tina Liebt Dein Video, Und Wenn Du Glück Hast, Auch Dich Contest wäre:

CHRIMNESS!!

WITH THIS PARTICULAR PIECE OF KICKASS!

Also, ich brauche deine Adresse, und was du für Schokolade möchtest. Wenn du mutig genug bist, könnte ich dir eben ne Überraschung schicken :D

WinnerWinnerWinnerWinner!

Time to announce the winner of "The Uncle Elvis Likes Your Video Contest"!

I ripped my hair out over this one, y'all!

You lot are amazing!
In fact, I'm gonna chicken out.
I can't pick just one!

WINNER #1: Austin1!!

My first winner was a tough one, 'cuz I had to weigh how much of my preference was because of how much I adore her. I thought long and hard on it and tried to be objective. There was just too much cleverness, silliness and wonderfulness to not pick it.

The stuffed animals, the crystal clear voice, the beautiful picking... the song... I just loved it.

WINNER #2: The Silly Dave!

This one is based not only on performance, which I enjoyed very much, but also song choice. "Dame" is, to me, one of those classic showtunes that define the genre without being a stereotype.

WINNER #3: The Lindahl Siblings!

Bugger it. I can't choose between these two! I want to go to their house for Christmas. I want to make movies with them. I want to make music with them. I loved both of these videos.

WINNER #4: Christobalman!

I have a love/hate relationship with Evita. It's the second musical that I fell in love with (after Jesus Christ Superstar, in which I recently played Peter and was going to do "Could We Start Again, Please?" for this contest, but got hit by a car on opening night, so couldn't.), and "Another Suitcase" was one of the songs I used to LOVE to sing when I was young.

BUT...

They produced it down here a few years ago and I auditioned for the part of Che. I don't mind losing parts to folks better'n me, and am objective enough to admit it... but this guy was... well... he was everything that, for me, is bad about Broadway these days. They told me that I wasn't "military enough", but gave the part to someone who, I kid you not, a)couldn't grow facial hair and b) did jazz hands in every song he sang. I'm not kidding. He Ethel Merman-ed every song.

So, that turned me off the show.

This version made some of that go away.

So those are my winners.

If I could afford it, you all would be winners, believe me.

I'll play around with some designs and get in touch with you lot.

Congrats to you all!

(Oh, and yer gonna have to wait until I make some money before you get your stickers! *grin*)

Yay!! Thank you, Uncle Elvis! What an honor! We've gotta make that playing together thing happen someday.

I'll be announcing the entry that wins a Makala dolphin (or similar) ukulele as my favorite video submitted for this contest and made without special effects on December 27. Good luck!

Yeah, that didn't happen, thanks to travel, sickness, work, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Announcement, finally, on Friday January 13. :) The prize is a Mahalo smiley face soprano ukulele.

spd_20110420164421_b.JPG

Top Bottom