Ukulele wear

awwww thanks for the shout out Mim

i saw an entry to another contest Mim. but i cannot find where it is , i dont wanna win lol, just take part.

hope you are well

mike

KRABBERS! You HAVE HAVE HAVE to ENTER!
And yes, you can win!

But there is gonna be one winner by drawing, and then the other winners consist of a panel of judges who is offering different prizes to their favorite!!! It is kind of epic and a whole new idea Uncle Elvis concocted. <--- How do you spell that?

Anyway, the cool thing is it is hopefully a "grump free" competition where if anyone says they do not like who won they essentially can be called out for not putting their "money where their mouth is". If you think someone else should have won! YOU TO CAN GIVE THEM A PRIZE!!!

We have 7 people picking their own winner so far... AND... there is always room for more... especially judges that have the BEST BUTTONS (Badges) EVER!!!

Just sayin'!

Ok... done hijacking... though... if you are looking for good ukulele wear... you can WIN something in the contest!

And it is Showtunes people! Don't knock it... it opens the door to all out Tomfoolery and Hilarity!

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...-em-the-Old-RAZZLE-DAZZLE-for-a-Makai-Contest!

The problem with Cafe Press is the cheap printing. There's just no good way for them to do a quality screen print. I've got a friend that designs car shirts (www.gearheadshirts.com and I've talked to him about putting some of his designs to work for some sweet ukulele wear. He does a lot of pre-sale stuff...meaning he creates a design, requires 25 or so people to buy it before he spends the money to make them, and when the goal is met the shirts are professionally printed up and shipped out.
I'd be willing to put a bug in his ear about it again if any of you folks like his designs.

I wore my Cafe Press 'Ukulele Hero' to a jam last night. Everyone though it said 'Ukulele Nerd'. Which to be fair was probably more accurate anyway.

The problem with Cafe Press is the cheap printing...
Yeah, I had some stuff from there, ordered several years ago. Unless they've improved a lot lately they I think they were basically using the iron-on transfers that you can print yourself in an ink jet printer. They look okay but fade pretty fast.

My sister-in-law owns a shirt printing business and to do the nice stuff you've got to invest in a fair amount of equipment.

John

After being asked what I considered "sweet" ukulele shirts, I decided to start a company making shirts to hopefully help provide shirts I think are "sweet" for the ukulele world.

I like the skull & cross ukes one. The rest are kinda too "cutesy" for my taste.

Good luck with your endeavor!

Sounds like you should put in an order! And I will work on non-cutesy for future shirts. Feel free to share links with fellow players, friends, on facebook or even write the url on bathroom walls. I'll take any advertising I can get.

The new Ukulele Players United to Decrease World Suck T shirts will be available soon. As soon as I can figure out how to post the pic I will.

For me its either a UU shirt, a Got A Ukulele shirt, or our bands shirt (The Nantwich N'Ukes)

Top Bottom