Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pineapple Sunday back home.

Default Pineapple Sunday back home.

My pineapple Sunday just arrived back home to me after trading it and some money for the Collings. I didn't play it that much before letting it go but for some reason I regretted letting it go. I missed it so bad that I bought it back now I have a Collings and a Pineapple Sunday and a Sceptre but no money buttttt very happy. Thanks DK

Yeah, we're all heard of buyer's remorse, but there's also seller's remorse. Probably the reason why I still have every instrument I've ever bought (except for one that was stolen during a burglary). Just can't seem to part with them.

That tenor sax in the back of the closet that I haven't even touched in 15 years... who knows when I may want to break it out and bother the neighbors.

I definitely know what you mean itsme! To justify all these nice ukes I've already had to sell my Gibson Dove, Gibson ES335 and now I'm selling my 56 Gibson RB-150 on eBay just to replace the funds for all these very nice Ukes in like 3 months time. Man I've got it bad I guess as you say UAS I think are the initials you use for when you buy a lot of ukes. I've got other nice guitars and several vintage tube amps that are high dollar that I could use to buy more as there are a few more I would love to have but it does have to stop somewhere. I never thought I would sale or be selling my cool guitars to buy cool ukes but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Markr1 View Post
    Man I've got it bad I guess as you say UAS I think are the initials you use for when you buy a lot of ukes.
    Yup. UAS = Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome. A disease that greatly affects my bank account but makes me very happy.

So how did you get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by mds725 View Post
    So how did you get it back?
    I bought it back from the UU member I traded for his Collings.

Cute story~ glad you have it back!
    Black Bear Sopranino Spruce/Koa~ Living Water
    Ohana Soprano SK-38 Mahogany~ Martin
    Mainland Soprano Mango~ Low G Daniel Ho

Quote Originally Posted by hibiscus View Post
    Cute story~ glad you have it back!
    Thank you. I missed it so bad after trading it I asked if he would sell it back to me and he did and I'm still happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Markr1 View Post
    I definitely know what you mean itsme! To justify all these nice ukes I've already had to sell my Gibson Dove, Gibson ES335 and now I'm selling my 56 Gibson RB-150 on eBay just to replace the funds for all these very nice Ukes in like 3 months time. Man I've got it bad I guess as you say UAS I think are the initials you use for when you buy a lot of ukes. I've got other nice guitars and several vintage tube amps that are high dollar that I could use to buy more as there are a few more I would love to have but it does have to stop somewhere. I never thought I would sale or be selling my cool guitars to buy cool ukes but it is what it is.
    Wow you sound like me. I sold all my vintage Fender Valve amps, Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson Songbirds to fund my Ukulele adventure. I have owned 2 Sceptres, 2 Pineapple Sundays and now my ultimate love 3 off Vintage Martin Sopranos but its funny my 2nd Pineapple Sunday was 300% better than my first and I actually preferred it to my Sceptres. Now this Sunday was so nice I have sold my Sceptres and not regretted it once, i think they are very similar in sound but my Sunday is the most resonant, musical and loudest of all my ukes. They do vary alot i think. Due to my return of two Koalohas Brian personally picked me this one and it is definately special but I lost a lot of money in shipping them to and fro as live in the UK.

Aloha Mark,
    So Glad to hear you got your pineapple sunday to return back home....Yes, I played quite a few of those sceptres and pinepple sundays... maybe one out of five sounds outstanding...
    get the right one...try before you buy...
    Last edited by mm stan; 01-20-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Thread Information