Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let It Be Collab - Japan 2011

Default Let It Be Collab - Japan 2011

This is a collab music video in support of the tsunami survivors in Japan. Most of the more than 70 performers in this video are members of UU. Highlights include Aldrine's amazing lead vocal at the start of the song, Dominator's virtuoso ukulele solo in the middle, and a large chorus of performers on stage at UWC 2011. I have been honored to work with such a fine bunch of ukulele players and singers. After four months of editing, this video is finally ready to share. I hope you like it.

Cheers,

Ronin Wong
    (musicmonsterw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEeDHG4gNgg

Here's an interview and write up on Leanne Riding's blog.

http://leanneriding.blogspot.com/201...on-led-by.html
    Last edited by musicmonsterw; 10-13-2011 at 04:32 AM.

Kala Solid Body U-Bass, Kala Acacia Tenor, Risa Uke-Solid Tenor, Kiwaya K-Wave Les Paul Concert

Youtube | Facebook | Twitter
    Lessons in Ukulele, Singing, Guitar, Piano, and Making Videos. Available on Skype.

"The creation of wealth is certainly not to be despised, but in the long run the only human activities really worthwhile are the search for knowledge, and the creation of beauty." - Arthur C. Clarke.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty." - John Keats

Great job Ronin! I don't know how you manage it - editing something that complex would drive me completely bonkers!

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by OldePhart View Post
    Great job Ronin! I don't know how you manage it - editing something that complex would drive me completely bonkers!

John
    Thanks, John!!

And, thanks for taking part!

I think it helps that I'm crazy to begin with, already.

Kala Solid Body U-Bass, Kala Acacia Tenor, Risa Uke-Solid Tenor, Kiwaya K-Wave Les Paul Concert

Lessons in Ukulele, Singing, Guitar, Piano, and Making Videos. Available on Skype.

"The creation of wealth is certainly not to be despised, but in the long run the only human activities really worthwhile are the search for knowledge, and the creation of beauty." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Ronin, you did an outstanding job! Congratulations!
    Mike in Dallas, GA

Mainland Mahogany Tenor
    Eleuke Peanut Soprano
    Have you played a Ukulele today? Well, you should.
    e9e8b6

Quote Originally Posted by chindog View Post
    Ronin, you did an outstanding job! Congratulations!
    Thanks, Mike! I had a lot of good material to work with. Some great performers.

That was phenomenal. The film footage is devastating. You should be very proud of it.
    RoxHum

"Music self-played is happiness self-made"

Sopranos: Donaldson (Myrtle), Kamaka (Koa), 2 Mainland's (Cedar/Rosewood & Mahogany),
    Nahenahe (Mahogany) (Thank you Stan)
    Concert: Mainland Classic Mahogany (low G)
    and one flashy white and gold Titano accordion

Beautifully done, Ronin! You have a real talent when it comes to all this video editing stuff.

Frankly, I was surprised your Christmas collab didn't win any Undies, since I know it was nominated in numerous categories. I thought that one was superb as well.

Quote Originally Posted by roxhum View Post
    That was phenomenal. The film footage is devastating. You should be very proud of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    Beautifully done, Ronin! You have a real talent when it comes to all this video editing stuff.

Frankly, I was surprised your Christmas collab didn't win any Undies, since I know it was nominated in numerous categories. I thought that one was superb as well.

Thanks for your kind words!! Video making has become an unexpected passion for me. I hope this particular video can make a difference.

it's wonderful Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by rijopogeo View Post
    it's wonderful Ronin
    Thank you!!

Thread Information