Song Library

great idea. it would make it a lot easier to find songs.

there might be legal issues with this, i know a lot of tabs site was hit by the MPAA a fews years back. I think UU can get around that by making that area of the site members only, idk though.

there might be legal issues with this, i know a lot of tabs site was hit by the MPAA a fews years back. I think UU can get around that by making that area of the site members only, idk though.
There may or may not be legal issues, hard telling nowadays. If you look at the stats on members; just under 4K members and approx 1200 active. If the active members contribute one song to be posted, that would be a pretty good number of songs. Currently I don't even think there are 500 songs between song help and tabs. There are also a number of sites where tabs and chords/lyrics are readily available.

They call it the search button.

I like this idea, like what Dominator does with the tabs and files and stuff?

This is exactly what I was thinking. If the library get too big, we could have something like torpicalstormhawaii.com linking to the song displayed "Dom-style".

I think if you get permission from the site you got it from originally, or credited the tab to the person who arranged it, that it probably won't be a problem. But I'm a photographer, not a lawyer. So don't take my word.

if this does happen i dont think that we should take tabs one can readily get from ultimate guitar or 911tabs, ie songs with just chords. The Library would be best if it had just picking songs, or songs (with chords) that you cant find on UG or 911.

if this does happen i dont think that we should take tabs one can readily get from ultimate guitar or 911tabs, ie songs with just chords. The Library would be best if it had just picking songs, or songs (with chords) that you cant find on UG or 911.
Why's that? I don't quite understand what you're trying to convey.

im saying that if UU does add a song library then it should be filled with tabs someone cant find already. IMO theres no point in UU hosting songs with just chords if i can go to UG and find the same chords. chords are fine if i couldnt go on UG and find them, or if the chords are incorrect.

Top Bottom