Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

Quote Originally Posted by chindog View Post
    Ok, I want a hug, but no kissing on the lips!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by musicmonsterw View Post
    Where do you want to be kissed?
    On stage at UWC?
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

2. Default

2012 will probably be the only year I can make it, so I'll make sure I'll be there. I'll take a week off and fly in all the way from Germany. See you there!

Goes without saying, I'll be there..4 years in a row now! UWC is better than xmas... I just started a new job, and if i don't get the weekend off i'll quit...seriously.
    From smallest to largest. Kala Pocket Mahogany- Ohana SK-21- Kala Travel Uke- Hilo soprano (my first!)- Kamaka 1960's Soprano- Ovation Soprano- Bruko Concert- Mainland Mahogany Concert- Lanikai Banjolele Concert- Lanikai 08E- Mainland Mahogany Tenor- Savannah crappy (but loved) baritone

http://www.youtube.com/user/BornAgainJeeper

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainjeeper View Post
    Goes without saying, I'll be there..4 years in a row now! UWC is better than xmas... I just started a new job, and if i don't get the weekend off i'll quit...seriously.
    For anything else, I'd say you were being ridiculous, but... you're absolutely correct!
    UWC is, far and away, the best week I've had. I loved it. I love the people there, I love hanging out with people I love, I love meeting people that can become people I love that I can hang out with, I love playing, I love singing, I love being there.

Next year, I'm thinking about bringing the bride and camping out, either on the field or between you and Matt. Actually, I'll put Matt in between us, to protect you from my wife and vice verse! (JUUUST kidding)

I'm already saving up for my plane ticket!
    Just loving life. I get to make music for a living because of you people.
    Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I started thinking about next years UWC while driving home from last year's event. So many things learned, new friends made, can't wait to come back again. I'll be there. Definitely coming on Thursday. Let me know what I can do to help set up, mow, or anything. I'll be driving up from around Lexington KY too, so if anyone along the Lexington/ Louisville route wants a ride, just let me know.
    Paul Curry
    Pono MT-8 Mahogany Tenor 8 string
    Pono A/E Mahogony Tenor Deluxe
    Ono Cherry Tenor
    Kalia Cedar/ Rosewood Soprano
    Teton Baritone
    1950's Harmony Soprano
    Epiphone Les Paul A/E Concert
    Homebuilt A/E Cigar Box Tenor "The Winolele"
    Eddy Finn EF-BU2F Banjo Uke

Hello friends,
    I've got UWC '12 on my calendar! I'm a newbie here, just found this forumn tonight. Got my uke in December, and am crazy about it! I'm counting down the days, but also hoping to bust my arse so as to not make a fool of myself and my rookie skills. I'll be checking back in from time to time to see what's up and what UWC is all about. Till then, it's back to the the basement to uke it up.

See you soon in June,
    Mr_Cub

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Cub View Post
    Hello friends,
    I've got UWC '12 on my calendar! I'm a newbie here, just found this forumn tonight. Got my uke in December, and am crazy about it! I'm counting down the days, but also hoping to bust my arse so as to not make a fool of myself and my rookie skills. I'll be checking back in from time to time to see what's up and what UWC is all about. Till then, it's back to the the basement to uke it up.

See you soon in June,
    Mr_Cub
    Best part of UWC? You cannot make a fool of yourself! Well, you can, but not by getting up and playing!
    We had every level play this year and the applause was as loud, if not louder, for the beginners as it was for the experienced players.

No, to make a fool of yourself, you have to MC part of the thing and have seeso start playing "Suspicious Minds"... THAT starts a chain of events leading to much fool-making! *grin*

See you there!
    Just loving life. I get to make music for a living because of you people.
    Thank you.

New slogan.. "What Happens in Needmore....... ends up on the internet!"

Quote Originally Posted by UncleElvis View Post
    Best part of UWC? You cannot make a fool of yourself! Well, you can, but not by getting up and playing!
    We had every level play this year and the applause was as loud, if not louder, for the beginners as it was for the experienced players.

No, to make a fool of yourself, you have to MC part of the thing and have seeso start playing "Suspicious Minds"... THAT starts a chain of events leading to much fool-making! *grin*

See you there!
    Mainland Mango Concert and Red Cedar Soprano, Kala KA-ASKS Soprano, KoAloha Concert, Boat Paddle Tenor, Moore Bettah Tenor, Boat Paddle Mseries Baritone

I have marked my calendar for UWC. I live about 45 minutes north of Nashville.
    Gary Gill

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. - John Quincy Adams 6th US President

How exciting. I'm definitely coming back for this one!

Last year was a ton of fun. It was great to meet a lot of people from the board. It was also fun to drink with them!

Thread Information