UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

Looking at the weather, might be a bit cool high 60's low 70's during the day? no rain predicted yet. Bring some warm clothes for the night time

Looking at the weather, might be a bit cool high 60's low 70's during the day? no rain predicted yet. Bring some warm clothes for the night time

That's dang near freezin' for this TX boy! Meant to bring a sweatshirt and forgot, may have to run into Bloomington.

Sounds like really nice "sleeping outside" weather, though!

Just found out that My favorite uke maker is planning on coming friday to the field, David Gill and is nephew Gary should be there. I would love to get all the Gill owners together for a picture? Thoughts?

Just found out that My favorite uke maker is planning on coming friday to the field, David Gill and is nephew Gary should be there. I would love to get all the Gill owners together for a picture? Thoughts?

I'll take it if you round them up.

Good idea, Tim. I bought one from him after reading your review. I'll be happy to have my picture taken with David Gill and to meet him.

That's the plan. We intend to camp Friday night.

Unfortunately, I can't make it this year but I'm sure you will all have a great time. Thanks again to Mike and his wife for hosting such an awesome event. Hopefully I can make it next year.

I know this is a pretty laid back event, but is there any kind of schedule for Saturday? It looks like I can make it for a few hours and just wondered if there is a certain time I should aim for?

ya, know, we both play every day. and don't live as far apart as it is to the wai...just sayin' Meanwhile, on to Indiana!

Scott installed a breaker panel at the stage last year and ran an extension chord to the big tent to plug lights in. It would probably not handle the amperage of any hot plates etc. The sound runs off the stage power. The neighbor up the hill graciously provides the feed down to the stage.

Another cord went to the portajons as mentioned.

REvised.. I see Mike posted earlier. Sorry.

Yeah, I don't remember hearing a generator running and I'm pretty sure the lights worked before they hooked up the truck and sound board. I'm thinking there might not be a lot of capacity, though. I'd hate to see the lights and sound go down for something as unnecessary as food...wait, did a fat guy really say that?!

I think they did run an extension chord over to hang some lights over the portapotties, though.

John

Last edited:
New here, never been to this event. A good friend invited me. I live in northern Indiana. I play several instruments, but never a uke. Might give it a whirl. I'm planning to come down early Saturday. How many should I expect to be in attendance at your event? Will I have any trouble finding a campsite?

Peace
Chris

New here, never been to this event. A good friend invited me. I live in northern Indiana. I play several instruments, but never a uke. Might give it a whirl. I'm planning to come down early Saturday. How many should I expect to be in attendance at your event? Will I have any trouble finding a campsite?

Peace
Chris

You could bring a marching band and still find camping space. Hope to see you there!

Mike,
Having trouble finding a sitter for my dog. Are responsible dog owners allowed to bring their dogs? It won't stop me from coming if you say you would prefer not :) , I will just change my camping plans to a pet friendly hotel room.

Mike,
Having trouble finding a sitter for my dog. Are responsible dog owners allowed to bring their dogs? It won't stop me from coming if you say you would prefer not :) , I will just change my camping plans to a pet friendly hotel room.

I don't want to encourage dogs, normally well behaved dogs can get over excited in an environment like the UWC. Several neighborhood dogs usually visit and interactions are beyond my control.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Really looking forward to the festivities!

I don't want to encourage dogs, normally well behaved dogs can get over excited in an environment like the UWC. Several neighborhood dogs usually visit and interactions are beyond my control.

Top Bottom