Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

cant wait till June! maybe i'll get outa my shell and come hang out this year... Mike! I moved to Bloomington!

Quote Originally Posted by kylep View Post
    cant wait till June! maybe i'll get outa my shell and come hang out this year... Mike! I moved to Bloomington!
    You've got no excuse then , see you there!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    great fun - now the young 'uns are really stoked, we'll be sure to bring their Dolphins......

Bhatman being up there with the kids was unbelievable!!! There are always some kids running around.... hey, they like to play ukuleles as well as the big kids!!

This sounds like a great, great time! I'm coming for sure unless the sky falls or something.

What's chances Nunes and Pearl show up?

Not to mention many others I'm not even smart enough to know about...
    Kala KA-ACP-CTG. Had the tenor version. Decided tenor's not for me. Got the concert.
    Mainland Classic Concert Solid mahogany, no bling, beautiful.
    Bonanza Concert Oreo Slimline black walnut and cherry CNC marvel.
    Ohana SK-39 Great little Martin wannabe.
    Mahalo Smiley Face. Cute little bugger and Jake signed it!
    Kala KA-15S. Good starter.

I might have to drive up from Nashville (TN) for this. I just hope there's not too much drinking and carousing. Enough mind you, but not too much!

I came with some of my brother's kids. Their behavior was careless and reckless - having fun and getting dirty. The kids, not the ukesters.

The kids asked when they could go back. THey said it was one of their funnest trips. Kudos to Bahtman for planting the ukulele seeds with the kids.

Uncle Elvis played MC and helped babysit a couple of the kids who didn't leave the stage. We need to bring a big hook to corral those kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ukemunga View Post
    This sounds like a great, great time! I'm coming for sure unless the sky falls or something.

I don't think Nunes, vedder, or jake will show, but I know Seeso, BornagainJeepers, Dominator, and a slew of other well known Youtube/UU peeps will show up
    Ukulele Themed Vinyl Stickers!!
    Ukeeku Etsy Store

Quote Originally Posted by ukeeku View Post
    I don't think Nunes, vedder, or jake will show, but I know Seeso, BornagainJeepers, Dominator, and a slew of other well known Youtube/UU peeps will show up
    Yep, and I'd way rather hang with them anyway. Well...maybe Jake...

And, of course, can't forget the Dawgs...and I bet Nunes doesn't throw cheese to the crowd near as well as YogaJen...
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by ukemunga View Post

Actually, there are a number of pros that show up as has been pointed out but, honestly, this isn't a "festival" in the traditional sense where people come to sit around and listen to their heros play. This is really just a gathering of people who really love the ukulele and others who play them. The pros aren't there because they're getting paid to show, they're there because they love rubbing elbows with other nuts who think there is something special about the uke.

It's a very "hands on" time and even for the relative few who may not work up the nerve to perform at the open mic, it's almost certain that they'll find themselves part of several "pick up" groups banging out old favorites all afternoon long. I.e., bring your "song book" with you. (And a lot of those too shy to sign up for open mic on Friday find the nerve to sign up for open mic on Saturday - Saturday's open mic runs really late!)

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Thread Information