Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

Mike, we love you for all you do to make this awesome event happen. You and Tootka are good people. Can't wait to see you both.

Okay people, all we need to do is all start running the same direction and we can make the earth turn faster and get UWC here without all the intolerable waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonDart View Post
    Okay people, all we need to do is all start running the same direction and we can make the earth turn faster and get UWC here without all the intolerable waiting!
    The waiting is the best part. Well, the final weeks of waiting. Not the mid-June to May part, though. This is fun. I have started collecting things in my UWC box. I'm practicing my songs, arranging my vacations days and getting my work done, reading all the posts about it, etc. nah, don't make it go any faster. It'll be over soon enough.

Since the list gets so long, I'm considering asking people to stick to a 2 song limit for the open mic (exceptions for people who flew half way across the world to be there and also maybe groups/duets). Any thoughts?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    Since the list gets so long, I'm considering asking people to stick to a 2 song limit for the open mic (exceptions for people who flew half way across the world to be there and also maybe groups/duets). Any thoughts?
    Good idea. It gets way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by seeso View Post
    Good idea. It gets way too long.
    I second the motion.
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

Sounds great, says the person with only 1 solo and a duet.

Yup Mike. Sounds good. And no 45 minute sets! I wish we knew how many ppl would be at the field thursday.
    KoAloha Supported Artist.
    Colmesuke.com

Sounds good to me. I think we did that last year but we kind of waited until halfway through before Uncle E asked folks to cut it back some. I wasn't able to stick out the whole open mic either night because I'd have turned into a pumpkin on the field. LOL

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Thread Information