UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

Address? Hahahahaha.....just turn left at the tree, it's a big field on the right.
I started back at the first post in the thread and there it was, the address! I'll keep an eye out for the big tree. I'm the guy in red suspenders and pig tails driving the big white van.

Just look for this:

02floor-googleicon-blog480.jpg

No way you could miss it.

On another (sad) note, "Saturday Night Fever" was the first record I ever owned.

Thought of this when I heard Robin Gibb died.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DJjtmqrFRw

Yeah, it's a shame about Robin. I wasn't a huge fan of their disco stuff (just don't much care for disco) but was a huge fan of their earlier work. I 'bout wore the grooves off my copy of the "Odessa" album and probably wore out two or three cassette copies.

John

Address? Hahahahaha.....just turn left at the tree, it's a big field on the right.

The GPS coordinates are N39°14.849', W086°19.698' - that should navigate you right to the "driveway" onto the field. It did me, anyway. I don't remember where I got the coordinates from - I think it was off a UWC map posted a couple of years ago.

John

For those of us using mapquest instead of a fancy dancy GPS... I need some kind of reference point. Address across the street, an intersection.. something!

Okay, now I feel dingy. I thought Needmore was by Nashville, TN. Apparently it's south of Indy?

That is WAYYYYYYYY closer for me. Like only 4 1/2 hrs. And I was able to get directions using the cemetery down the road as a reference point.

I just bought my flight!

I will be leaving Indianapolis airport around 3pm on Friday June 1 and returning around 5pm Sunday June 3.

If anyone needs a ride around that place and time, let me know! I am flexible for place and time :)

Gas donations accepted but not expected - I'm paying for the car anyway and it doesn't cost extra to give a ride!

(on that note, maybe there should be a rideshare thread specifically for this purpose?)

Originally Posted by hoosierhiver
Pan a little to the east across the street and you can see some of my beehives.
Hmmmmm...honey in my tea.... drool:[/QUOTE]
Hello hoosierhiver,
Now your handle is apparent to little olde me. Did you know
"The bee is such a busy soul,
He has no time for birth control,
And that is why in times like these,
You meet so many sons of bees."
I promise to get some new jokes and stuff, Girl Guides Honor, cross my heart.
Jim

Thanks Freeda - there's some good ones in there including a couple I don't have in my notebook yet - time to change the printer cartridge... :)

John

Freeda,

I thank you too! I particularly am enjoying fingerpicking that version of "The House of the Rising Son" and lovin' it.

The version I have been practicing is Am, C, D, E, F. Damn that E chord! I can almost never get a clean chord.

This one uses an E7 which I never thought to try. A revelation!

Freeda,

I thank you too! I particularly am enjoying fingerpicking that version of "The House of the Rising Son" and lovin' it.

The version I have been practicing is Am, C, D, E, F. Damn that E chord! I can almost never get a clean chord.

This one uses an E7 which I never thought to try. A revelation!

E is a bastard, that's for sure! :) That, B flat, and Fmaj7 are the bane of my existence lately.

E is a bastard, that's for sure.

HEY!

Heehee...

___________________________.._________________________​

By the way, Brother Mike, there was mention of mead last year. I missed out on my sip if it was brought out. Any chance of a teensy dram for a thirsty lad this year? It's been many years since I've had mead and I have an intense love affair with honey, so, even though I'm not a drinker, I WILL be sipping if it's available...

E is a bastard, that's for sure! :) That, B flat, and Fmaj7 are the bane of my existence lately.

You can try the E as (4447) or [(9877) Bb shape].
The Bb shape is a good chord shape to master. It's very moveable.
The Fmaj7 (2413) is a bear. It can be (5500) or (5557).

Top Bottom