Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: UWC 2012, Ukulele World Congress

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    4600 Plum Creek Rd
    Great, thank you!! 5 hrs.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

I just bought my flight!

I will be leaving Indianapolis airport around 3pm on Friday June 1 and returning around 5pm Sunday June 3.

If anyone needs a ride around that place and time, let me know! I am flexible for place and time

Gas donations accepted but not expected - I'm paying for the car anyway and it doesn't cost extra to give a ride!

(on that note, maybe there should be a rideshare thread specifically for this purpose?)

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    Pan a little to the east across the street and you can see some of my beehives.
    Hmmmmm...honey in my tea....
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Originally Posted by hoosierhiver
    Pan a little to the east across the street and you can see some of my beehives.
    Hmmmmm...honey in my tea.... drool:[/QUOTE]
    Hello hoosierhiver,
    Now your handle is apparent to little olde me. Did you know
    "The bee is such a busy soul,
    He has no time for birth control,
    And that is why in times like these,
    You meet so many sons of bees."
    I promise to get some new jokes and stuff, Girl Guides Honor, cross my heart.
    Jim

"play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Thanks Freeda - there's some good ones in there including a couple I don't have in my notebook yet - time to change the printer cartridge...

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Freeda,

I thank you too! I particularly am enjoying fingerpicking that version of "The House of the Rising Son" and lovin' it.

The version I have been practicing is Am, C, D, E, F. Damn that E chord! I can almost never get a clean chord.

This one uses an E7 which I never thought to try. A revelation!
    Kala KA-ACP-CTG. Had the tenor version. Decided tenor's not for me. Got the concert.
    Mainland Classic Concert Solid mahogany, no bling, beautiful.
    Bonanza Concert Oreo Slimline black walnut and cherry CNC marvel.
    Ohana SK-39 Great little Martin wannabe.
    Mahalo Smiley Face. Cute little bugger and Jake signed it!
    Kala KA-15S. Good starter.

Quote Originally Posted by ukemunga View Post
    Freeda,

I thank you too! I particularly am enjoying fingerpicking that version of "The House of the Rising Son" and lovin' it.

The version I have been practicing is Am, C, D, E, F. Damn that E chord! I can almost never get a clean chord.

This one uses an E7 which I never thought to try. A revelation!
    E is a bastard, that's for sure! That, B flat, and Fmaj7 are the bane of my existence lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    E is a bastard, that's for sure.
    HEY!

Heehee...

___________________________.._____________________ ____

By the way, Brother Mike, there was mention of mead last year. I missed out on my sip if it was brought out. Any chance of a teensy dram for a thirsty lad this year? It's been many years since I've had mead and I have an intense love affair with honey, so, even though I'm not a drinker, I WILL be sipping if it's available...
    Just loving life. I get to make music for a living because of you people.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
    E is a bastard, that's for sure! That, B flat, and Fmaj7 are the bane of my existence lately.
    You can try the E as (4447) or [(9877) Bb shape].
    The Bb shape is a good chord shape to master. It's very moveable.
    The Fmaj7 (2413) is a bear. It can be (5500) or (5557).
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

Thread Information