Reno Ukulele Fest IV - March 30 - April 1, 2012

Richie Rich

UU+
Reaction score
The Reno Ukulele Festival IV is on! And... We have a new website for more details: RenoUkeFest.com

Hope to see you all soon! =)

Last edited:
Are Californians allowed across the border?

Conflict - Northern California Uke Fest is on April 1, 2012 in Hayward. More info can be found here. That's where I'll be on the 1st.

+1 on the NorCal Fest, if I'm not on Maui that is.................................BO.............................

What to do, what to do???

I've got rooms booked for Reno, but Hayward is only 20 minutes away.

Conflict - Northern California Uke Fest is on April 1, 2012 in Hayward. More info can be found here. That's where I'll be on the 1st.

Don't you wish the Festivals would not be on the same day!? I really wanted to go to Hayard but had already committed to the Reno show!
Maybe next year!

Zac Steimle
Ukuleles made by hand, to be played with your heart!
www.oceanaukuleles.com

I'm going to Reno! Just made all my reservations yesterday. This will be my first ukulele festival and I am so excited. Hope to see some of you there. Is there a secret Ukulele Underground hand sign or anything?

Nix

I'm going to Reno! Just made all my reservations yesterday. This will be my first ukulele festival and I am so excited. Hope to see some of you there. Is there a secret Ukulele Underground hand sign or anything?

Nix

wear a UU shirt and everyone will find you.

Don't you wish the Festivals would not be on the same day!? I really wanted to go to Hayard but had already committed to the Reno show!
Maybe next year!

Zac Steimle
Ukuleles made by hand, to be played with your heart!
www.oceanaukuleles.com
The Nor Cal Fest has always been held in Mar/April and has been around since 94, a lot longer than any of the others. There was one year it didn't happen because of some unforeseen reason. The mission statement of the festival says it all . . .

"To promote and perpetuate the playing of 'ukulele music through an annual event for all levels of 'ukulele players while exposing the youth in hopes that they will carry on the traditions and music."

Is there any more info about the NorCal Fest? I don't see performers listed, workshops listed or an itinerary for the day. Ric
Hi Ric . . . It's a one day event, there are no workshops and the performers are given approx 15 min (?) or something to that effect. Most of the performers are ukulele clubs as well as local talent from Cal and Hawai'i. They've also had uke clubs from Canada as well. I thought I had kept the program from last year. There are also vendors like Kamaka, Nalu, Music Works and luthiers like Tony Graziano.

it's a bummer that I won't be able to make this festival! My ukulele teacher is going to be performing there and I would have loved to be immersed in that festival's culture for a day!

We've added more workshops to accommodate the
larger crowd, so we will sell festival passes at the door. (If you come, you will get in!)

We're now just under $7000 in raffle prize ukes! Wowgeewillikers!

The weather for Friday and Sunday looks favorable. A light, warm storm is supposed to blow through on Saturday while we're all inside, strumming by the pool or getting serious in the Festival areas!

See you at the Biggest Little Fest in the West! http://www.renoukefest.com

Reno for me. I went to the first one in Minden and this will make three. A lot of fun, classes concerts open mics and jamming.
Dan

Wish it had been a happier experience for me. We had a KoAloha Pikake Soprano and other items stolen from our booth. Please be on the look-out for one on Craig's List or eBay, though what I'm hearing is that this town is riddled with pawn shops and that's probably where it ended up....We've never had anything stolen from us at an ukulele festival before. Too many "outsiders" I'm afraid and inadequate security. And, quite frankly, I was not impressed by the response of the festival organizers. Attendees (good uke people, all) did more to try to help me locate the uke and contact hotel security. A lesson for us all, I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom