Got A Ukulele for my BD

Mary.mary

Reaction score
The kids are grown! And, my husband gave me a ukulele for my birthday - just last week. He plays guitars and various others instruments and has always wanted me to join in the fun. I, however, have absolutely not musical background and am starting at absolute beginner! I've begun learning fundamentals and am loving this new turn in our lives.

Happy Birthday Mary.mary, and welcome to UU. Ukulele and Guitar go together very nicely. What kind of uke did you get?

–Lori

Welcome to the UU!! And......Happy Birthday!!!!!What uke did you get???

What a great birthday present.

As for your lack of musical background, no need to worry. You'll find with just a bit of patience and some practice you'll be playing in no time at all. Now, if only you knew someone with experience playing fretted stringed instruments to provide a bit of guidance ...

Welcome to the UU. Happy Birthday! Congrats on the new uke. Check out the free lessons from Aldrine on the main page.

Welcome and Happy B-day. In my humble opinion, your hubby done good. If I can learn to play, anyone can! The Uke is fun, sounds sweet and the basics are fairly easily obtainable. Have fun empty nesting.

Welcome to the uke and to the Forum!

Top Bottom