Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inexpensive Concert Ukuleles

This sounds like a great cause. My wife's father had a stroke several years ago and is still recovering. PM me with an address and I will purchase and send at least a couple tuners to you. Would something like this be okay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Guitar-...ht_3502wt_1165 ?

I want to thank everyone for such generosity. To tell the truth, I was overwhelmed last night with all the responses. Later today, I will be PMing everyone that has offered to send a tuner. Again, everyone's generosity means so much. When I spoke to the stroke survivor's group I stressed what a wonderful support community it is and that playing a uke could open up a new world of friends for these folks, besides just other stroke survivors. This last year not only has the music done wonders for me, but the friends that I have made has made me feel whole again. Here is a link to a video that was made when I went to the Tunes in the Dunes ukulele camp this past September. This was a college project for one of our campers. It speaks mostly to my stroke and shows the wonders of the ukulele. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR98jUJgBhI Again, thanks everyone and I will get those PMs out!

I would also like to help. My grandmother is recovering from her second stroke. She is 82 yrs old and loves to play piano but no longer can. I would love to be a part of helping out another stroke victim. Thanks for what you are doing,,,I think its a awesome thing!!!!!
    Carlo Robelli U212
    Lanikai LU-21 soprano

Dean Acoustic Bass
    Dean Electric Bass

(WISH LIST)
    Kala KA-P Pineapple Soprano
    Kala U Bass

KAWIKA

Great video. I look forward to your PM.

Again, would like to thank everyone. After selling a couple of my ukuleles, I was able to actually order 14 tenor ukuleles to kick start this group. The donation of tuners is appreciated so much. We hope that this rehabilitation program will blossom into rehab for all sorts of traumatic medical events, not just strokes and that our success will be the blueprints for the rest of the hospitals in the Portland/Vancouver area. Hopefully, we kick off the program in mid-January. So many wonderful forces at work!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent you a PM. There are some tuners on the way! Best of luck.

Hey Kim, I shipped out your tuner today per USPS for the cause.

I didn't get the particulars (pm and such) but if you're still in need of anything, the offer still stands, just let me know.

It's so awesome to see everyone pulling together like this.

Thread Information