Cheap No-Name Tuners

chamblin

Reaction score
eBay has some really cheap clip-on tuners from China for $5-7. Are any of these worth a try or should I just purchase a more recognizable brand?

I wouldn't worry to much about the name, but you likely could go into your local music store and buy a tuner for say.... $12 that you could take back imediately if you had a problem.

If it was me I would spend just a few dollars more

My 2 pennies

Michael

I bought several of those cheapos a while back, and had a lot of problems with them. The power buttons don't always work properly. On more than one that I got, it was difficult to get them to stay on or off. Or, to stay in tuning mode. One had a habit of jumping between tuning mode and playing a tone every couple of seconds.

You answered your own question with the words "really cheap clip-on tuners from China". They are unlikely to be any good and you will have almost no comeback if they are faulty. Gadzukes was right to suggest the Snark - Snark Red is the best one for ukes. They may be a little more expensive, but I use mine to tune ukes, mandolins, guitars, basses - even my stylophone!

Top Bottom