Looking for some feedback on my first video-

Nice job. You will do even better as you play and sing together more. Watch your lighting and background. Find something with some variety, instead of two doors. Also, there's a bright spot in the lighting above your heads. Tweak your lighting a bit. They are probably fluorescents (a green tint). If it's hard to adjust, go outside in the shade or have a window at an angle providing most of the light and use your room lighting just to fill in the dark places. All that said, you did a good job with what you had and I enjoyed your video and would have found no problems if you had not asked. Keep them coming.

You might be able to open up the sound a bit by using certain effects (I use GarageBand, but i think audacity might be capable too). On the other hand, I don't know how you got 600 views in 4 days with it being your first video. You guys must be marketing geniuses :p

I can't say anything about your ukulele playing because you are much better than me.

For the video I would recommend a few things.

1. Better background. Try to be creative and think about the song. Sunday Monring so maybe sitting in front of someone on the couch reading a newspaper, or in the park ,etc.

2. Better lighting. Indoor lighting is usually poor and gives a dim/green tint. If you can't do anything about the lighting, then try changing the lighting in your video editor.

3. Use an external mic. You will get better sound and less background noise.

4. Don't read the lyrics. It looks less professional and I think it kind of messed him up a few times.

really enjoyed the video and look forward to seeing more.

Very cool clip. Great playing and good voice. I agree with the above, sound would be better if tweaked in something like Garage Band.

If you choose to record outside, make sure you have a good microphone with a wind shield as the ambient noise can get loud and drown out the music and singing.

What type of Ukulele are you playing?

Oh and I have the "exact" same Cpt America T-Shirt, hehe :)

Really appreciate all the feedback. Trying to incorporate it into our next video.
Went outside to film our next one in hope to eliminate the fluorescent light issue that a lot of you mentioned.
Tried to experiment with a different background besides the 2 doors. Made sure to not read the lyrics as well.

Played with the sound some to hopefully eliminate the problems with the high notes as well as the background noise, still trying to get an external mic though.

Tantal- It is a Mitchell tener Ukulele

Great to hear that you took all the feedback into consideration. i look forward to hearing your next video. As far as the mic goes, just about any external mic will be better than the ones in a lot of cameras.

Top Bottom