I've got a website

Timbuck

Reaction score
I'm an absolute novice at this sort of thing but it dosn't seem too difficult to do:)..I started it off with documenting my dovetail cutting method...it can be viewed here...http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com/

Ken,

Beyond all of the inventive/creative ideas you post, even your "leftover" synaptic responses are generally golden. Now a website! Good fortune for all.

I don't know much about building instruments, but I found your information interesting. Also, a good job with the photo's and explaination. As you grow the website and include more information, you will be able to have a homepage with links to other pages.

Timbuck, your site looks really great so far! :)

But please do yourself a favor and buy a domain name and some cheap hosting ASAP.

Free sites like tripod don't reflect the level of professionalism that you do in your work.

You'll be taken more seriously by many consumers and especially the search engines if you have your own domain.

Many hosts offer a CMS (content management system) that's like running a blog where you don't need to know much of any web stuff like html/ftp.

Anyway, best of luck with it! :)

Many hosts offer a CMS (content management system) that's like running a blog where you don't need to know much of any web stuff like html/ftp.

I recently did my site using GoDaddy.com's Website Tonight. Great for beginners but limited for those with experience. Kind of like the Stew-Mac kit of website software.

That just seems to me like,......C H E A T I N G! :D

Seriously, in spite of everything,.....that is one fine way to achieve consistantly well fitted dovetail joints.
(and i remember reading in a previous post you mentioned you are really fussy when it comes to a tight joint there)

Gotta agree with Itsme. Their ads and pop-ups spoil an otherwise worthwhile site. Spend £5 a month to get it professional. :)

This Thread should be Titled " I had a Website for a short while"
I did a bit of work reducing the photo sizes co's they were using up too much memory..I had a go at this and that, messing around with paragraph boxes and other thing I new nothing about ..I havent a clue what I did wrong but in the end I lost everything...text pic's the whole kaboogle gone for good :mad:...Now I'll have to start all over again..As if I wasn't depressed enough.:(:(

If you are serious about this ken then use 1&1.co.uk and buy a service. Tripod is not very good. Or you can go to wordpress like Sven. Have you checked your inbox? Message from me in there for you :) Cheer up. I'm stripping uncured epoxy filler off 3 ukes today :(

Did you kill your site? It appears as though it has disappeared. although you have gotten a great deal of negative reaction to "your" choices of approach to a website I for one was still interested in viewing what you had to say/show. so show me the sander please.

kytim

Did you kill your site? It appears as though it has disappeared. although you have gotten a great deal of negative reaction to "your" choices of approach to a website I for one was still interested in viewing what you had to say/show. so show me the sander please.

kytim
I think the sander part is still there ..I'll have look :)..Yes! the Sander part is still ok..I'll have to redo the Dovetails one when I get in the mood.

Last edited:
As Pete says, go to 1&1 or, the one I use which is United Hosting. Costs a fiver a month and their tech support is second to none! That's the hosting. Software is the wordpress system. (link below).

As Pete says, go to 1&1 or, the one I use which is United Hosting. Costs a fiver a month and their tech support is second to none! That's the hosting. Software is the wordpress system. (link below).
I may have to go over to a better site later on.. But I don't like the idea of paying (I am an old Yorkshireman you know :eek:ld:)..anyway I've fixed the problems and it all up and running again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom