So....5 months later and this uke will be in my hands on Tuesday.

didgeridoo2

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just wanted to share pics of my new resonator with the forum. Gordon, Char and Aaron at Mya Moe are terrific to deal with. This was a piece of sinker redwood that I sourced last year and Char helped me match it up with some beautiful koa. I sold my national resophonic because I wanted a woodier reso sound and Gordon says that this indeed has a woody tone and he's thrilled with the entire instrument. Char is looking to acquire more redwood for future builds.

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=549&submit=Track

Can't wait to actually play it.

:)

wow Jeff...that looks unbelievable...my entire body has turned Kermit green. Congratulations brother, great choice and well worth the wait. Wishing you many years of enjoyment with her mate. :)

Holy smokes, is that ever lovely! I hope it plays as well as it looks. Congrats!

That looks great! Where does redwood fit in as a tonewood on the bright to warm spectrum? Char found you a fine set of koa, too. I've got two MMs in the pipeline, and Char and Gordon have been great to work with. Please post a sound sample after the uke arrives. Congratulation!

That is beautiful and yes, Gordon and Char are great...Hoping to hear sound samples the minute this hits because I have had a hell ova time deciding what my Mya resonator will be built out of (sigh...all the money in my piggy bank, and my indecision the only hindrance).

Thanks guys, it really turned out well, IMO. According to Gordon and Char, a redwood top warms up the tone of whatever wood you match it up with. Koa is also pretty warm, generally, and my hope was that the resonator would bring a warm, woody tone forward a bit more.

I'll try to put a sound sample together at some point soon after I get it. It's gonna be a long weekend....

:drool: Congratulations! What a beauty!:iwant:

Very nice!!!!

Beautiful.

wow. Wow. WOW!

that is one everybody should look at now because we will certainly never see it in the marketplace! Stunning!

Top Bottom