HELP! First ukulele, alulu?

The Humidity level is measured in the Ukulele Case where the humidifier is placed.

In a Dry climate, the ukulele should be stored in the humidified case when not in use.

So how would i keep the case humidified?

The Humidity level is measured in the Ukulele Case where the humidifier is placed.

In a Dry climate, the ukulele should be stored in the humidified case when not in use.
I still maintain that claiming that the correct relative humidity level is 60%-70% for an acoustic stringed instrument like the ukulele isn't correct. It's way too high. The instrument would have had to be specially designed for that. Instruments, particularly mass-produced (i.e. not custom built for you), aren't designed to have to stay in a humidified case all the time. Even if you have a case for your instrument the cases don't normally come with built-in humidifiers. Case humidifiers are really just an emergency option - if it's really dry (well below 40%) and you have no other way to keep the humidity up. Or if an instrument has suffered too dry air over a prolonged time and there are dry-out symptoms.

-Tor

Oh the topic of solid wood ukuleles in australia. My solid wood monkey pod ukulele is doing a fine job with out any of those care instruments and i've hard it for almost a year now. But then again, better to be safe than sorry.

A forum thread about case and instrument humidity would be fascinating reading. But i thought that this thread was about helping some buy their first ukulele...

Top Bottom