Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP! First ukulele, alulu?

Cool! how long have you had that for?

Quote Originally Posted by GKK View Post
    The Humidity level is measured in the Ukulele Case where the humidifier is placed.

In a Dry climate, the ukulele should be stored in the humidified case when not in use.
    So how would i keep the case humidified?

Quote Originally Posted by GKK View Post
    The Humidity level is measured in the Ukulele Case where the humidifier is placed.

In a Dry climate, the ukulele should be stored in the humidified case when not in use.
    I still maintain that claiming that the correct relative humidity level is 60%-70% for an acoustic stringed instrument like the ukulele isn't correct. It's way too high. The instrument would have had to be specially designed for that. Instruments, particularly mass-produced (i.e. not custom built for you), aren't designed to have to stay in a humidified case all the time. Even if you have a case for your instrument the cases don't normally come with built-in humidifiers. Case humidifiers are really just an emergency option - if it's really dry (well below 40%) and you have no other way to keep the humidity up. Or if an instrument has suffered too dry air over a prolonged time and there are dry-out symptoms.

-Tor

Oh the topic of solid wood ukuleles in australia. My solid wood monkey pod ukulele is doing a fine job with out any of those care instruments and i've hard it for almost a year now. But then again, better to be safe than sorry.

A forum thread about case and instrument humidity would be fascinating reading. But i thought that this thread was about helping some buy their first ukulele...

Quote Originally Posted by takayakiba View Post
    So how would i keep the case humidified?
    You can buy a ukulele Humidifier from your local music store or, you can make your own from Aldrine's video here: http://ukuleleunderground.com/2008/0...se-humidifier/
    Last edited by GKK; 11-21-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    Getting better everyday with my Pono MHTSH Ukulele.

Thread Information