Updates

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
You will have noticed how I rarely post workshop updates or new works here. There are several reasons for this. First, I have come to realise that this is principally a forum for amateur and hobby builders who want information and show their work. I like to see it and comment on it but hey, you've seen my stuff already, right? Second, I've just about detailed every process I do on this forum (hence the infrequent videos now) and as a result have very little new to offer. I want to see and read what you guys are doing :) Third, as a builder I have a unique perspective that often conflicts with my peers who post here and can lead to 'hot' debate which I don't like but which I often stupidly get caught up in.

However I realise that there are many people who are interested in what I (and others) do so to keep them informed and so as not to dominate this forum I have regular updates and images of work at Pete Howlett Ukulele Club group on Facebook. You are welcome to join - just make a request. If you do join, please remember it is not a forum that supports argument or conflict. It is a window to my workshop where you can track what I am doing on a day to day basis, see completed works and chat with other members about my work. As adminsitrator I tend to control the content and who joins because I want it to be a friendly place - there are forums like this where you can butt heads if you want to...

Last edited:
You will have noticed how I rarely post workshop updates or new works here. There are several reasons for this. First, I have come to realise that this is principally a forum for amateur and hobby builders who want information and show their work. I like to see it and comment on it but hey, you've seen my stuff already, right? Second, I've just about detailed every process I do on this forum (hence the infrequent videos now) and as a result have very little new to offer. I want to see and read what you guys are doing :) Third, as a builder I have a unique perspective that often conflicts with my peers who post here and can lead to 'hot' debate which I don't like but which I often stupidly get caught up in.

I agree with you on all of your points Pete. I'm content to sit in the back row and watch and learn most of the time. Everyone knows what I do already too (yawn). Showing off our stuff is what our web sites are about right? I like your Facebook idea. I'll check it out and promise not to give you a hard time.
Speaking of which (or not) I saw one of your ukes here that's been kicking around for a dozen years. It was in impeccable condition. Nice tight work.

Not that one Bob has that needs a neck reset then? I was shocked since I thought when I was building for Hawaii a humid climate (UK) would speak to a similar climate. I've yet to see one of your pieces Chuck. Hope to one day...

Top Bottom