My new tenor has arrived.

peatstackron

Reaction score
Isle of Lewis Outer Hebrides. It's just like Hawai
Hi all,
My new Oscar Schmidt tenor has arrived safely all the way from the US to Scotland! Wow much bigger than my suprano. Really enjoying getting used to it. Still practicing on both. I have a question for you, on the fret board there are inlays between the frets at 5,7,12, and 15. There are also corresponding marks along the edge of the fret board with is a great help. On the 12th there are two inlays on the fret board and two marks on the edge, my question being, why are there two on the twelth? they must mean something. Any way back to practicing.I can feel the muscles and the tendons in my fretting hand and arm stretching. My little finger has still got a mind of its own and doesn't want to go where I want it so trying to tame that at the moment. Are there any finger exercises I can do when I haven't got a ukulele in my hands? (keep it keen now).

Buy for now,

Peatstack

Congrats! If it didn't come with Aquilas, most folks find Oscars sound strikingly better with them

Yes, Uncle Rod has fingering excercises for you to do. They have helped me learn to control my pinkie for the 1st time ever!

Hi Nicky and thanks, Is this in Uncle Rods chord charts exercise or is there something else that covers finger strengthening exercises? As a wood worker I thought I had strong fingers but trying to barre the first fret with my left index is proving a bit of a challenge especially when attempting something like Bbm.
Buy for now
Yes, Uncle Rod has fingering excercises for you to do. They have helped me learn to control my pinkie for the 1st time ever!

Top Bottom