Finally got to try a Kamaka

Wow, extremely interesting tangent this thread went off on -- I love little details like this!

On a related string note, and to come full circle, my KPK came with Worth Clears. The seller put the original packaging into the case that it came with, for good measure. I have yet to change them -- they sound great as-is...

Play on!
Sean V.

I really loved the sound of the freemonts, just goes to show.... Any recommendations for strings on a pono? A RTSH5 to be precise, red cedar top with rosewood back and sides. It will have worth clears when it arrives per my request but anyone like a particular string on pono ukes? Or have a recommendation fr that wood combo? I cant wait till it gets here!!!:music:

I can say the Clears would have been my first choice for your uke as well. Just give them a week or two of playing to really ring true.

Thanks Teek, appreciate that. Yes, I thought I was an Aquila man until I tried the worth clears and well, they sure do sound great! I would like to try the browns, freemonts and southcoast strings at some point soon but I'll take your advice with the pono and stick with the clears for now. Hey, dont you have a Brad Donaldson? I'm on his schedule and I can't wait!! How do you like yours?

Top Bottom