Thread: Recommendations for Tutorial DVD ?

Default Recommendations for Tutorial DVD ?

Hi all, hoping i have posted this in the right forum and I am not repeating a previous thread, if i am i apologise
    On Sunday 27th November i was lucky enough to attend a workshop by James Hill, apart from being a mind blowing uke player,James is also a fantastic teacher.
    I was wondering does anyone have any Ukulele tuition DVD's they would recommend, I have done online searches to see if there are any James Hill tuition Dvd,s, but alas my searches were fruitless .
    I know there is a little lesson as one of the extras on the mighty uke dvd, so i was kind of hoping there would be a dvd by James hill, anyway would appreciate your input, as i would love to progress playing the uke
    "I'm Playing all the Right Notes, just not necesserarily in the Right Order " - Eric Morecambe

UKETUBES: UkuleleDaveey

Aldrine released a dvd a year or so ago - it's called "Ukulele Solos", but it also has a whole lot of other tutorial stuff on it too - picking techniques etc... I've found it really helpful. It's available in the UU store: http://ukeunderground.bigcartel.com/...rovisation-dvd

Manalishi Guest

Lot of my ukulele playing friends have the 'Ukulele Lounge'
    DVD by Steven Sproat.I have seen it,and depending on
    what you want from a disc,it looks fairly comprehensive
    for newbies!
    Last edited by Manalishi; 11-29-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Lil Rev has an excellent DVD for beginners.

+1 Steven Sproat Ukulele Lounge
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

thanks everyone, does anybody know if James Hill ever released a learning dvd, i suppose i would say i am a advanced beginner or low intermediate, i want to learn strumming techniques, has anyone ever used the jumpin jim's dvd's ?
    "I'm Playing all the Right Notes, just not necesserarily in the Right Order " - Eric Morecambe

UKETUBES: UkuleleDaveey

Quote Originally Posted by ukuleledaveey View Post
    thanks everyone, does anybody know if James Hill ever released a learning dvd, i suppose i would say i am a advanced beginner or low intermediate, i want to learn strumming techniques, has anyone ever used the jumpin jim's dvd's ?
    I haven't seen any of the Jumpin Jim DVDs. I have the Ralph Shaw DVD for Strumming technique
    http://www.ralphshaw.ca/TBL/WebObjec....7.1.1.1.3.3.0
    The main thing with learning to strum is a lot of practice. The DVD can show you what to do, but you have to practice it a lot to get it into your muscle memory so it is automatic.

I haven't seen Lil' Rev's DVD, but I attended his workshop. He would have some good tips for strumming techniques.

–Lori

I found "You Can Play the Uke!" by Kate Power and Steve Einhorn (Vol I and II) to be really helpful when I was first learning.
    . . . and justice for all.

Thread Information