Thread: specific chord names

Default specific chord names

in harana, when you play:
    A|-5-
    E|-3-
    C|-2-
    G|-0-
    is there a name for chords when you "double up" on a note, like the g for the above example?

this one sounds cool too:
    A|-3-
    E|-1-
    C|-5-
    G|-0-
    that one is doubling up on f
    "It`s great to want to be part of something, but it`s a different thing completely to believe wholly in some type of movement, and to give everything for that something."
    -Brandon Boyd, Incubus

that chord is still a G. as long as all the notes being played in a chord are G, B, and D. in this case the notes used are G, D, G, and D. that last D played on the A string is there to make the transition from G to Cadd9 seem more subtle. so its missing the B note in the chord, but still a G.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    that chord is still a G. as long as all the notes being played in a chord are G, B, and D. in this case the notes used are G, D, G, and D.
    Which makes it a G5 "power chord" which is not exactly a chord since you need three notes to make a chord.

Still sounds fab and I use them all the time... but it's not really a chord, just a couple notes that sound good together.
    Howlin' Hobbit -- got uke?
    Howlin' on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Bandcamp

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Hobbit View Post
    Which makes it a G5 "power chord" which is not exactly a chord since you need three notes to make a chord.

Still sounds fab and I use them all the time... but it's not really a chord, just a couple notes that sound good together.
    aha thats right. i didnt realize that it would still be called a power chord on the uke. shoulda known better. my bad.

Thread Information