New Website, Thoughts, Tips, Advice, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism?

ukudaily.co.uk

Reaction score
Hi all,
Over the last few months I have been setting up a newish website www.ukudaily.co.uk, essentially the reason for it and basis of it was to add a new ukulele song and chords for it every day, songs different to other ukulele websites, varying in difficulty, being fairly new to the ukulele (1 year) I have come across lots of sites but usually with the same old songs on it.

I get up early every morning and after feeding my baby daughter set about putting a song up, I have also done a podcast over the last two months which despite my monotone voice has been very popular, at least they have been getting downloaded loads.

But of course, I have set the website up with basic knowledge and it can always be improved, I would really appreciate and comments, feedback (negative or positive), tips or anything you think would help me make it a better website. I'm always aiming to improve so please help, the address for it is www.ukudaily.co.uk and the podcasts can be heard on the website or on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/ukudaily.co.uk-ukulele-podcast/id471762017

Thank you!

That bit between the verses of "I Believe In Father Christmas" is the theme from "Troika Ride", part of Prokofiev's "Alexander Nevsky" composed for the Sergei Eisenstein film.

. . . not a swipe at Greg Lake at all, one of the things I always liked about ELP was their appreciation for great music where most rock and rollers would just shake their heads.

Your link froze my computer...and kept coming back...shoots...said not responsive and may slow your computer...be careful opening...

Your link froze my computer...and kept coming back...shoots...said not responsive and may slow your computer...be careful opening...
I got that in IE and ended up having to force quit the program. Something about a script causing it to run slow, and I was unable to dismiss the prompt. The only script I saw in the source was for Facebook.

Anyway, some proper punctuation and capitalization would make your site look more polished. Also, on your songbook page, it would be helpful to your visitors if the songs were alphabetized by either artist or title.

Your link works for me. What I would say is you need a links section, as google ranks feed on that. I'd be happy to link to you if you link back (called back linking) I'm at http://www.gotaukulele.com

More seriously though, you may want to think about your site name as this site has been around ages and is ver popular

http://www.ukudaily.com/

Link worked fine for me on a Mac running Chrome.

As for the site, it might hold more appeal if you were able to find video that showed the song being performed with a ukulele. I realize that might be tough to do on a daily basis, but do any of the vids feature a uke? You played one at the start of your podcast, but I didn't see the song (Jump) on your list.

I understand you want to make the song sheet a little more appealing with the graphics, but it means your files are 3-4 times larger than the much more detailed tabs provided elsewhere. Since I plan on storing many of these on an iPad, size does matter.

That brings up the main reason I probably won't be visiting your site daily: no tabs. I may check in occasionally to see if any interesting songs pop up, but there are so many other sites that provide lyrics, chords, tabs & notes.

You have a good concept and I hope I'm not being too harsh. I am only on my first week with the ukulele (3rd week on UU). There are many uke related websites that I'm sorting through. I suspect that in a few weeks only a dozen or so will get regular visits from me; and those will be the ones that provide the most value for my time.

Hell I am kinda ticked off...when I had the problem ...I just back spaced and thought I resolved the problem...when I tried to close my computer it froze again.. did a forced shut down
and lost some things...shoots.. to top it off, it took my computer to start again 5 minuetes..with a white screen... hell of a way to start a link I say....disappointed very mucho.. there I am fine now...

I got that in IE and ended up having to force quit the program. Something about a script causing it to run slow, and I was unable to dismiss the prompt. The only script I saw in the source was for Facebook.

Anyway, some proper punctuation and capitalization would make your site look more polished. Also, on your songbook page, it would be helpful to your visitors if the songs were alphabetized by either artist or title.
Aloha S or anyone...How does one force to quit the program...I just forced a shut down on my computer...thank you ahead of time.. Stan

How does one force to quit the program...I just forced a shut down on my computer...
Do you mean you hit the power button? :eek: I'm pretty anal about doing proper shutdowns.

Anyway, on a PC hit ctrl-alt-del which brings up the Windows Task Manager. From there, select the Applications tab which will show you what you've got running. Highlight the program you want to quit and hit End Task. At least that's how it works in XP, YMMV.

My computer doesnt want to download it either, gets about 90% loaded, then gets an error signal and tries to reload.

Top Bottom