Sojing silent electric concert ukulele

I like mine. It has more frets than my Dad's Eleuke but the A string does not pick up as strong as the Eleuke when plugged into my amp. The bag that comes with it is not as nice as the Eleuke. Lots of fun to play. Here is a video of me playing Voodoo Child on mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVI5jXOWkVY

I sell Eleukes and in a way specialize in them. I have sold from every production run they have ever made and can date them by everything from what label is being used to the electronics to the knobs. I had a few of the "old production" Eleukes recently to sell as demos. These in the picture come from the same factory as those I believe. They have GHS strings and the saddle usually is dry (you can see it in the picture) and the rosewood used indents easily. It also has a weird nut on them that is triangular. Which makes them really complicated to lower the action on and impossible to replace due to the awkward height needed to clear the strings. Sometimes they can be buzzy as a result. The electronics are not my favorite either.

BUT... that being said. Keep in mind the source. I sell Eleukes and am quite fond of the newer production run electronics. So I am very biased. Their is a new shipment of Eleukes in and they switched back to my favorite... so I am excited to get them in.

Hi Mim, beleive I'm also very interested in Eleukes but these Sojings just seem like a bargain if they're any good. I'll prolly keep saving my nickels for an Eleuke tho.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190608676014?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_768wt_952

I've been considering getting an eleuke but would like to know if any body has had experience with these Sojing's I've been seeing on ebay and how they compare?

thanks!

I just received the Sojing Ukll-ax2 Concert Silent Electric Ukulele tonight, and because of the Stanley Cup playoffs I can't give a full review :) but so far it is AWESOME. It is virtually silent when not plugged to amp, be sure to turn the volume down before you put on the included earphones and start playing! First thing I will do is replace strings with Aquilla concert nylaguts, but it doesn't sound too bad right out of the box. You'll want to buy a decent protective gig bag since one is not included. You could play this unplugged with a baby sleeping in the next room and it wouldn't bother the baby or anyone else. Plugged into my Fender practice amp, it rocked the house! This is a lot of fun for someone with no previous experience with electric instruments.

PLEASE Like www.facebook.com/UkeLadyWorld to win free ukuleles & ukulele themed items

Top Bottom