Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best ukulele book of tunes

Quote Originally Posted by itsme View Post
    A PDF version would probably cost you way more in ink/paper to print it than just buying the original printed version.

It's a big volume (over 300 pages), well worth the price IMO. If I want particular songs for one of my personal music folders, I can always copy the pages out of the book. Since I already bought and paid for the book, I don't see any issue with photocopying a few pages out of it for the convenience factor for my own personal use. They already made their profit off me and I'm not distributing it to anyone else.
    Personally, I would prefer PDF and just print out the pages for particular songs that I like to learn and pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Olarte View Post
    I just wish there was a PDF or kindle edition of the "Daily Uke", it would be easier to use on a tablet, or print particular songs for one's personal music folder...
    I'm afraid the music publishing industry is stubbornly holding on to the ancient way of doing business. They're slowly making changes and hopefully will survive the transition better than the newspapers & magazines have.

There is a free iPad app called Sheet Music Direct that allows you to purchase digital versions of sheet music already in print. They have a limited selection of 247 ukulele tabs, each costs $1.99. That's a fair price considering you get one-touch page turns (hands-free if you get a bluetooth pedal), built-in metronome, tuner and often the ability to transpose. I'm tempted to buy one just to see how that last bit works.

FYI, the printed "Daily Uke" is $23 shipped from Amazon.
    Kanile'a K-1 Tenor Premium Handcrafted in Kane'ohe, Hawaii
    Wixom Custom Tenor Redwood top, Koa sides & back, low G

Quote Originally Posted by sugengshi View Post
    Personally, I would prefer PDF and just print out the pages for particular songs that I like to learn and pay.
    That's the way I'm going. I search for song and tutorials, and when I like them I print them out, crerating my own book which is getting bigger and bigger. My own personal 'best uke book'.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bear View Post
    FYI, the printed "Daily Uke" is $23 shipped from Amazon.
    And if you pick up an extra something to get it over $25 (like a Stark tuner, or some strings), shipping is free.

It's a good deal on a handy and fun book. I highly recommend it.

JJ
    "Talent is just a pursued interest. In other words, anything you are willing to practice, you can do." -- Bob Ross

I just got my The Daily Ukulele and there are a ton of great songs in it! 365 to be exact
    I really like how it has the required chord diagrams at the top of every song too... the only thing that could improve on this book for me is if they also had tablature for fingerpicking included with each song. And maybe some strumming patterns for us newbies who don't know enough to know which strumming pattern works best for different songs.

Best `ukulele book of tunes:

He Mele Aloha
    Carol Wilcox, Kimo Hussey, Aunty Vicky Hollinger and Puakea Nogelmeier
    ISBN 0-9742564-0-4
    Chords and lyrics to 260 songs

Everyone I know (that plays `ukulele) has this book. Fantastic resource for Hawaiian and Hapa-Haole songs.
    Aloha Royal Soprano | Koa Pili Koko Tenor Cutaway | Eleuke Tenor SL Series Koa | Big Island Tenor Cutaway
    Pegasus 8-string | ʻŌiwi 6-string | Sonny D tenor | Kanile`a tenor |Tangi tenor | Tom Guy tenor cigar box | Eleuke Rosewood Jazz
    Amps : Smokey - Honeytone - Roland Micro Cube - SWR California Blonde - Mesa Boogie
    pahu | `ili`ili | ipu heke | `ohe hano ihu | kamani hano ihu | ipu hoki'oki'o
    Liko Puha www.nowelo.org

The page would be way too small for me to see on a tablet - I have a hard enough time reading it on a 23" monitor.

I too bought the book, and if I want a PDF copy of a song, I scan it and save as PDF. It's still too small to read on the computer (or tablet), and see the entire page, but I can print it out as I need it.

I can also print out an easily readable copy on my 13" x 19" wide carriage printer, or two pages side by side on a single sheet.

-Kurt
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

There are a number of songbooks (download-able in PDF) located in UU's Ukulele Resources thread . . . My favorite ones are the UCSC Songbook and TUSC - good variety of songs. Just print out the ones you want. Another popular one amongst UU members is Richard Gs Ukulele Songbook. Download and print the ones you want.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Another vote for "The Daily Ukulele".
    Of course, George Formby song books are always on my list of favorites.
    ---Tom---

Soprano, No Brand Name, Beginner Uke
    Soprano, Long Neck (Concert scale), KALA KS-SLNG
    Soprano, OHANA, SK-38
    Soprano, Long Neck (Concert scale), KoALOHA
    Concert, OHANA, CK-35G
    Tenor, OHANA, TK-80
    Soprano, GOLD TONE, Banjolele

Got the Daily Uke book for my daughter's birthday in early November. I really enjoy it, especially when she is busy using my laptop computer.

Thread Information