Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KoAloha superconcert with Crown bridge

So pretty. I'm hoping to make one of these mine next year. But not today. No, not today.

MELE KOA/MAHOGANY SOPRANO | MARTIN STYLE 1 (1920s)
    TALSMA HOLLYWOOD CONCERT | JUPITER CREEK ELECTRIC CONCERT
    LANIKAI O8-EK | MAINLAND RED CEDAR BARITONE

YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukHammer View Post
    Its just like being married and then watching some beautiful woman walk by.

Somebody slap me.
    The difference being...you don't have to worry about your current ukulele slapping you as your head swivels... LOL
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

oh man...........that is a beautiful uke!!!!!
    Maui no ka oi !!!!!
    Kamaka HF-3, Vintage 1935 Kamaka Pineapple, Kanile'a Deluxe 6 string Tenor, Kamaka 1996 HF-38, Makala Concert

Nobody has bought her??

Somebody love her long time, please!!!

Bump. Any offers out there?

Oh dk!

I can't believe no-one has bitten on this yet. It's STUNNING. I'm still a newbie, but entirely obsessed to the point that I already feel pretty well versed in many things ukulele. I read masses on here and have a good feel for the spectrum of factory built ukes out there, and even a bit of knowledge on history and the vintage models etc.

Of the K brands, I think that KoAloha is my current favourite, and the crown bridge just gives it such a beautiful quirky look. Having the five-point that low down compliments the 5 point headstock crown so well. Add to that the universal love on UU for how KoAlohas play and what a package!

Sadly, I'm not in the buyers' market at the moment, as I'm just awaiting arrival of my Uluru Pukana La II (all-koa concert) which, incidentally, no-one on UU seems to know anything about! Either the Ulurus are well-kept secrets that just haven't permeated into the Hawai'i/US-centric UU consciousness, or I'm about to receive a lemon!

For me, your uke would be 'perfect' if it was either a standard concert (did they ever make a standard concert with crown bridge?) or a soprano. Having resolutely begun my uking life CONVINCED that I would only ever want to play concert size, the idea of a sop is now VERY appealing. Aesthetically, the longer necks of super-concerts don't do it for me. I'm in many ways a traditionalist and already identify with one of the UU'ers (can't remember who) who sweetly stands by the rule that a real uke is a soprano koa...and nothing but!

So, this is a long-winded way of saying that I hope you get some interest in your wonderful uke, and to have a little chat, and to say Merry Christmas!

Ben
    Last edited by bennyhana22; 12-17-2011 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkcrown View Post
    Bump. Any offers out there?
    You are killing me.

somebody buy this and put all of us out of our misery.

Christmas bump with a price drop to $775 plus fees and shipping. BTW, Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas to you too! I'm just checking the boards waiting for 8:00 am when we release the kids to check on their stockings and Santa gifts.
    Just loving life!
    -----------------

Merry Christmas. Just sent a PM.

Thread Information