KoAloha superconcert with Crown bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its just like being married and then watching some beautiful woman walk by.

Somebody slap me.
The difference being...you don't have to worry about your current ukulele slapping you as your head swivels... LOL

oh man...........that is a beautiful uke!!!!!

Nobody has bought her??

Somebody love her long time, please!!!

Oh dk!

I can't believe no-one has bitten on this yet. It's STUNNING. I'm still a newbie, but entirely obsessed to the point that I already feel pretty well versed in many things ukulele. I read masses on here and have a good feel for the spectrum of factory built ukes out there, and even a bit of knowledge on history and the vintage models etc.

Of the K brands, I think that KoAloha is my current favourite, and the crown bridge just gives it such a beautiful quirky look. Having the five-point that low down compliments the 5 point headstock crown so well. Add to that the universal love on UU for how KoAlohas play and what a package!

Sadly, I'm not in the buyers' market at the moment, as I'm just awaiting arrival of my Uluru Pukana La II (all-koa concert) which, incidentally, no-one on UU seems to know anything about! Either the Ulurus are well-kept secrets that just haven't permeated into the Hawai'i/US-centric UU consciousness, or I'm about to receive a lemon!

For me, your uke would be 'perfect' if it was either a standard concert (did they ever make a standard concert with crown bridge?) or a soprano. Having resolutely begun my uking life CONVINCED that I would only ever want to play concert size, the idea of a sop is now VERY appealing. Aesthetically, the longer necks of super-concerts don't do it for me. I'm in many ways a traditionalist and already identify with one of the UU'ers (can't remember who) who sweetly stands by the rule that a real uke is a soprano koa...and nothing but!

So, this is a long-winded way of saying that I hope you get some interest in your wonderful uke, and to have a little chat, and to say Merry Christmas!

Ben

Last edited:
Christmas bump with a price drop to $775 plus fees and shipping. BTW, Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas to you too! I'm just checking the boards waiting for 8:00 am when we release the kids to check on their stockings and Santa gifts.

Merry Christmas. Just sent a PM.

This beautiful uke has been sold. Mods please lock this thread.

congrats Dana. I wanted but could not justify another great concert.

Thank Goodness cause .... that was close.... too close to a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom