Join KIVA and win a Mainland

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Kiva Cards make great gift choices for those of us too lazy and proud to buy crappy things for people who do not need more things!

Made my 28th loan today. I thank you, hoosierhiver, for turning me on to this wonderful program.

I just made my 63rd and 64th Kiva loans. I don't know if this makes me eligible to win a Mainland ukulele, as I didn't just now join Ukulele Players United To Decrease World Suck (I joined in December 2009), but the chance to win an ukulele isn't why I donate. I'm just glad to find ways to be grateful and thankful for my own good fortune.

Thanks again for organizing this, Mike! As I write this, UPUTDWS has 171 members who have made 731 loans totalling $19,400!

Last edited:
Come pay day I will re invest for sure

thanks for the reminder, I had $25 sitting in my acct. reinvested for Murtaz Buighlishvili to purchase a polyethylene cover for his greenhouse.

I just made another, but dont worry about entering me into the drawing. I just like to particupate. I initially invested in 2 people. One man in Africa so he could buy a motercycle for a transport business and one woman in South America so she could buy fabric for her dress making business. They both paid me back 1/2 so far, so I put the money back in and funded another South American woman for seeds and fertilizer for her rice and bean business. She is a go-getter. She has had a loan before for something similar and paid it back and now is expanding her business. Makes me feel good to help her be successful!

If you guys dont know if you want to participate or not... just go to the site and "browse". It is addicting and it is hard NOT to want to donate. I like to look at what I am doing in my life and sponsor someone doing something similar, it gived you a kinship with someone around the world!

I just reinvested again.. I've lost track of the total loans, but I just make sure I reinvest every time something is paid off, and will try to add at least one additional loan each year.

A great way to do something simple. Mainland mike turned me on to this last year and I am slowly building my portfolio of entrepreneurs! Great cause mike, and well done!

Ok, I joined too and made a donation to someone in country where my assistant's daughter is in the Peace Corps. Let's keep it in the family.

Thanks for introducing me to Kiva! Never knew about it before. Have joined and donated. :)

Lisa

Edit: I apparently missed the section where I could add my loans to the team. I don't know if I can do it retroactively or if it can only be done at the time of the loan, I'll have to check on that. If I can't do it retroactive, then for sure all my future loans will be added. Sorry!

Last edited:
Mike - you rock! Thanks for organizing the Kiva Uke group. I've made four agricultural loans so far. Let's hear it for decreasing world suck!

Just joined. What a great program! Made two loans & looking forward to watching it work. Thanks for promoting this!

Top Bottom