Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Join KIVA and win a Mainland

I just donated! This is a great organization, and I'm excited that I could contribute to Gladys Maria Peñafiel Maria in Ecuador. Thanks, Matt Lindahl for letting me know about this, and thanks Mike for putting the group together.

Joined and made a loan to a man in Kenya. This is his third load,
    so he must be doing something right. He is into Water distribution.
    You need water for drinking, cooking, washing, irrigation, so I reckon
    he is on a winner. Clean water is one of the world's biggest needs.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Thanks, Mike.

Great idea with a great incentive to participate. Interestingly, joining Kiva has made me more conscious of he volunteer work I can do in my back yard, Emerson-style.

Default thanks

thanks
    -----------------------------
    vietnam visa, vietnam visa on arrival

Done! That was my thirteenth loan.
    Last edited by Freeda; 04-12-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    "play till you don't suck no more" ~Chuck Deyo "I think it's cool you turned one of your 'some day I'm gonna's into a 'today I did.' " ~RichM "Self care is not failure." ~JerBear "It is impossible to reason with people who do not rely on reason." ~ mascompro "You make your own magic." ~ Mim"The riff-raff are my people." ~ Joko

Other people's opinions of me are none of my business.

Heads up!
    Going to have a couple of drawings this weekend.
    You must have a current loan to be eligable to win.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    Got the ukulele today!!! It is so beautiful!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! I can't thank you enough. Like I said on my UWC post, I'm looking forward to thanking you personally when I get there after my 12.5 hour drive from Philadelphia. Again thanks!
    Mina's uTube

Babies: Ohana SK-21, Kala Pocket Travel, Tiwi, Enya Coffee, Ohana Mini Pineapple
    Soprano: Mainland Red Cedar, Firefly Banjouke, Susings Mango Longneck, Martin SO 50's, Finder Vintage Plastic, Bruko Maple Thin-Body, Outdoor Green
    Concert: Mainland Slotted Head, Luna Blue Dolphin, Kamaka HP-1L, Ohana CK-275G, Flea Koa
    Tenor: Pono ATD, Pono Spruce Hardbody, Ferangeli Thinbody, Outdoor Amethyst, Kala Archtop Sunburst
    Baritone: Pono Mahogany, Mainland Mango
    U-Bass: Ohana Mahogany

Hi Hoosierhiver,

I just want to say that you have my full respect for doing what you've done with this competition. I'm an avid "amateur philanthropist" and I'm always keen to find new ways in which to contribute towards positive change in our global community. I've done - and continue to do - a lot of volunteer and charity work and I find it to be a very rewarding occupation indeed. I'd not come heard of Kiva before I came across this contest just the other day and I must say that I'm completely taken by the organisation, its structure and its goals. I had already heard of - and investigated - the microfinancing movement but until yesterday had not gotten involved myself. Now having joined Kiva, I'm very excited about the level of change I can contribute towards achieving within the program and I have you and your contest thread to thank for it.

Basically what I'm getting at here is that your involvement in - and endorsement of - such a magnanimous program speaks more for yourself and your brand than any advertising or outside endorsements could ever achieve. When it comes to ukuleles, I'm resolute in my decision that Mainland is "my brand" from now on. I love the fact that the Mainland brand is associated with something far dearer to my heart that simply materials/craftsmanship/construction.

Oh, and by the way, currently Team UPUTDWS is at position #10 on Kiva's team rankings for total loans! Awesome work, everyone!

Cheers & Peace,
    Ash

A man in Senegal was able to buy fishing nets due in part to our loan.

This one's close to the heart because my stepdaughter's father is originally from Senegal.

"Everything I do gonh be funky from now on" - Allen Toussaint.

Thread Information