Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Brown plays the `ukulele

Cool Charlie Brown plays the `ukulele

Found a statue of Charlie Brown and strapped the KPK tenor onto him.0347charliebrown2.jpg
    There are lots of these around town, I might try and dress each on up with an `ukulele and take a photo!
    Aloha Royal Soprano | Koa Pili Koko Tenor Cutaway | Eleuke Tenor SL Series Koa | Big Island Tenor Cutaway
    Pegasus 8-string | ʻŌiwi 6-string | Sonny D tenor | Kanile`a tenor |Tangi tenor | Tom Guy tenor cigar box | Eleuke Rosewood Jazz
    Amps : Smokey - Honeytone - Roland Micro Cube - SWR California Blonde - Mesa Boogie
    pahu | `ili`ili | ipu heke | `ohe hano ihu | kamani hano ihu | ipu hoki'oki'o
    Liko Puha www.nowelo.org

Reminds me of a game I used to play with people all across the country. We'd photograph our scooter in front of some landmark, you know, like an outhouse or something of significance, and post it on a scooter forum for others to try to copy. I was a blast, for a while. We called it Scooter Tag.
    Hmmm... ukulele tag? I dunno...

Vista (North County San Diego), California

Kinda' like a Flat Stanley:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Stanley

The one time I was in Santa Rosa, I remember seeing all of the Peanuts Characters around town.

I think it was cool that the Powers that Be chose to recognize Charles Schultz in that fashion.

oh - Nice photo, BTW.

-Kurt
    Donaldson Kumalae-style soprano * Magic Fluke Timber Bass * Ohana CK450QEL * Ohana CK-65D * Ken Timms Soprano
    Moku MS-90S * Waterman * National Triolian Reso * Bugsgear Aqualele * Donaldson Concert
    Rosewood Vita Uke * Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke
    Fluke FireFly * Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele * Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22
    Kala KA-KTG-CT * Cordoba 20TM * 1950s Harmony soprano *1920s Stella banjo uke

Am I done?

...naw...

My YouTube Channel

if anyone can send me one...I'll pay them for it and the shipping...thanks..

I think there is another Charlie Brown stationed on the sidewalk by a great little cafe that serves breakfast and lunch by the old train station that is now a coffee house. If you take a photo there and eat one of the great omelettes there, take a picture of that one.

I use to work for a company located in Santa Rosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    Reminds me of a game I used to play with people all across the country. We'd photograph our scooter in front of some landmark, you know, like an outhouse or something of significance, and post it on a scooter forum for others to try to copy. I was a blast, for a while. We called it Scooter Tag.
    Hmmm... ukulele tag? I dunno...
    Hmmm "...some landmark, you know, like an outhouse..."

Heh, heh. Just hit my funny bone...
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    That is awesome!

Here is the link to statue and locations.
    http://srtan.com/CB/cbMain.htm

We looked for #35 at the Luther Burbank house, but couldn't find him.
    Aloha Royal Soprano | Koa Pili Koko Tenor Cutaway | Eleuke Tenor SL Series Koa | Big Island Tenor Cutaway
    Pegasus 8-string | ʻŌiwi 6-string | Sonny D tenor | Kanile`a tenor |Tangi tenor | Tom Guy tenor cigar box | Eleuke Rosewood Jazz
    Amps : Smokey - Honeytone - Roland Micro Cube - SWR California Blonde - Mesa Boogie
    pahu | `ili`ili | ipu heke | `ohe hano ihu | kamani hano ihu | ipu hoki'oki'o
    Liko Puha www.nowelo.org

Quote Originally Posted by manapualabs View Post
    That is awesome!

Here is the link to statue and locations.
    http://srtan.com/CB/cbMain.htm

We looked for #35 at the Luther Burbank house, but couldn't find him.
    Aloha Charsiubau,
    Thank you for the page...do you have a contact tele number or address to where they are sold..Mahalo..

Thread Information