Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Laptop infected after visiting UU

Default My Laptop infected after visiting UU

After visiting UU a few days ago, my machine is infected. I have the latest version of Mcafee AV, with up to date dats. It looks like I will have to format my machine.

Please let me know when it is safe to visit. For now, I will stay back.

We'll be evaluating adbrite this week and possibly pulling the ads off as soon as today (maybe). We have a tough decision because financially, it doesnt make sense for us to keep the forum up, but we do feel its our responsibility because so many people get a lot of joy from it. I'll post an update today when i get to the office. thanks for the heads up.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

For what it's worth, the problem isn't necessarily AdBrite, but some of the drive-by advertisers that will use them. Many of these places have malicious codes in their ads.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that if you talk with the AdBrite guys they may have some sort of way to prevent future infections through their service.
    My kids:
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="#0000CD"]
    [b]Ukes:
    None (for now), but soon!

Please help Anabelle

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    We'll be evaluating adbrite this week and possibly pulling the ads off as soon as today (maybe). We have a tough decision because financially, it doesnt make sense for us to keep the forum up, but we do feel its our responsibility because so many people get a lot of joy from it. I'll post an update today when i get to the office. thanks for the heads up.
    For what it is worth, close the forum, and I know I'll have no real reason to visit UU.
    http://tampabayukulele.com for TBUG info
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jtpokie for my videos
    and http://www.nightgig.com for my Drawing the Wrong Conclusions Podcast
    love,

That Guy 1:94

Quote Originally Posted by JT_Ukes View Post
    For what it is worth, close the forum, and I know I'll have no real reason to visit UU.
    thanks for the support. really appreciate it.

YES Mahaloz!

i have a mac.

keep the forum! love the forums!

please solve the prob for the pc crowd!

go uu!
    "God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva... Whoeva stay trus me, God no goin punish dem. But whoeva no trus me, garans God goin punish dem, cuz dey neva trus me, God's ony Boy."
    - John Tell Bout Jesus (John) 3:16, 18

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    We have a tough decision because financially, it doesnt make sense for us to keep the forum up, but we do feel its our responsibility because so many people get a lot of joy from it.
    Count me in with those who get a lot of joy from it. Also, no problems on the iPad. I don't know the exact financial picture but I'd definitely use the tip jar to help keep the forum alive.
    My cure for UAS:
    ♬ Kanile'a K-1 Tenor
    My beater:
    ♫ Makala Tenor

Ok here's the deal, I've removed the adbrite ads, its not worth it to us to make other peoples lives miserable with all that adware spyware stuff that was coming in with those ads for the measly amount that it was making and it wouldnt have covered the cost anyway the rate it was going. If we can get adsense back, we'll throw that back on their but until then,

I'll propose a deal with you guys.

If you enjoy the forum, find value from it, and visit it frequently, please just help us offset the cost a little by joining the UU VIP program. It's just $45 / year (or $5 / month if you'd rather do monthly).

If you can't afford it, maybe you should spend more time working :P. just joking. If you can't afford it, that's fine as well just if anyone asks just let them know that that exists that they can help with the cost of the forum.

Thanks all for the feedback.

YES Mahaloz!

Perhaps a small annual fee for registered forum users, in lieu of ads, to support the forums?

I'm willing to cough up a few bucks to participate in the web's best ukulele forums.

Thanks,

Steedy

Oops, too slow (as usual)!

Quote Originally Posted by Steedy View Post
    Perhaps a small annual fee for registered forum users, in lieu of ads, to support the forums?

I'm willing to cough up a few bucks to participate in the web's best ukulele forums.

Thanks,

Steedy
    Yes its already available as the UU VIP program. mahalo

YES Mahaloz!

Thread Information