stupid adverts

phil hague

Reaction score
why have we begun to get stupid annoying adverts on the top of every forum topic page? they completely spoil a good site. We are uke players, we dont want to get supermarket and credit card ads.

isn't that how uke underground makes money? considering how much information is available on this website, a few advertisements are the least of my worries

If you subscribe and become a VIP, you don't see any ads at all, and the pages load faster. It is well worth it and supports the site.

–Lori

Banner ads are an almost invisible inconvenience, and a small price to pay for an othewise free site. Besides, they are pretty much ubiquitous on web pages now, so seeing them on UU isn't anything special. In fact, banner ads are so common, I honestly don't even notice them when here.

The bigger concern was a couple of weeks ago when there were pop-up and hijack ads that actually did interfere with the site. Those ads are not only hideously annoying, but some of them were also malicious, and more than one UUer (myself included) noticed their security software starting to respond to them. If those ads remained, I would have simply not returned here. Personally, I don't think the UU guys were responsible for the malicious ads, and credit to them for getting rid of those pests.

As far as the banner ads, it's a way for UU to make a few pennies here and there without directly charging the members. And that is totally cool.

If you subscribe and become a VIP, you don't see any ads at all, and the pages load faster. It is well worth it and supports the site.

–Lori

This. 45 bucks for a year of ad free surfing.

Well there you have it. The best way to avoid the ads is to become a VIP.

Or, to look at it another way... Every time you see an ad on this site, just think to yourself "I'm saving over twelve cents per day by having to look at these ads!"

By golly, it's like they're paying you to view them! Not so annoying now, eh? :)

JJ

Top Bottom