d-rings for shoulder strap

dancingflee

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope I am on the correct forum page but I ask anyway. I have a Kamaka hardshell case but has no provision for a shoulder strap. Where may I buy the D-rings and How can I install them without possible damages on the case and the ukulele.

I will greatly appreciate any piece of advice from anyone.

Thank you...:eek:

Check out this thread. http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?45464-Putting-strap-buttons-on-a-hard-case

I did this myself on my Ameritage cases, as well as my old Kamaka cases.

Here is a photo of them:
attachment.php

Hi wickedwahini11,

Thank you for sharing but where may I find and buy the D-rings with those clips. How did you cover the screw end so they won't harm the instrument. I am a little handy with tools coupled by some common sense but will first have to find the D-rings with provision for 2 screws and I only need two for my Kamaka case.

Thank you.

Hi wickedwahini11,

Thank you for sharing but where may I find and buy the D-rings with those clips. How did you cover the screw end so they won't harm the instrument. I am a little handy with tools coupled by some common sense but will first have to find the D-rings with provision for 2 screws and I only need two for my Kamaka case.

Thank you.

I got the d rings at a hardware store -- it may have been Home Depot but I'm not positive. Or it might have been Walmart. Sorry I don't recall - but they are not too hard to find. For the inside of the case, I used rubber screw caps from Home Depot. You can find them where the screws are -- we superglued them to the screws and that way there was no danger of the screws scratching my ukes.

Thank you for the tip. I will do my search soonest with the hope that I do not mess up the case. I will everyone updated as soon I am done.

Have a GREAT YEAR ahead.

Top Bottom