An Update on the Ads

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Here's a cross post from this thread. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up.

Ok here's the deal, I've removed the adbrite ads, its not worth it to us to make other peoples lives miserable with all that adware spyware stuff that was coming in with those ads for the measly amount that it was making and it wouldnt have covered the cost anyway the rate it was going. If we can get adsense back, we'll throw that back on their but until then,

I'll propose a deal with you guys.

If you enjoy the forum, find value from it, and visit it frequently, please just help us offset the cost a little by joining the UU VIP program. It's just $45 / year (or $5 / month if you'd rather do monthly).

If you can't afford it, maybe you should spend more time working :p. just joking. If you can't afford it, that's fine as well just if anyone asks just let them know that that exists that they can help with the cost of the forum.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Joined the UU VIP program when it was first listed - no ads, no problems.

My only question is, when does my membership need to be renewed? I backed out of the Auto-Renew option, because I've had problems with those in the past.

I enjoy the forums, and feel they are easily worth $45/year. maybe more, when I know more clearly what my work situation will be...

-Kurt​

Joined the UU VIP program when it was first listed - no ads, no problems.

My only question is, when does my membership need to be renewed? I backed out of the Auto-Renew option, because I've had problems with those in the past.

I enjoy the forums, and feel they are easily worth $45/year. maybe more, when I know more clearly what my work situation will be...
-Kurt​

Kurt, Go to your profile settings. I found it listed under Paid Subscriptions.

Here's a cross post from this thread. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up.

Ok here's the deal, I've removed the adbrite ads, its not worth it to us to make other peoples lives miserable with all that adware spyware stuff that was coming in with those ads for the measly amount that it was making and it wouldnt have covered the cost anyway the rate it was going. If we can get adsense back, we'll throw that back on their but until then,

I'll propose a deal with you guys.

If you enjoy the forum, find value from it, and visit it frequently, please just help us offset the cost a little by joining the UU VIP program. It's just $45 / year (or $5 / month if you'd rather do monthly).

If you can't afford it, maybe you should spend more time working :p. just joking. If you can't afford it, that's fine as well just if anyone asks just let them know that that exists that they can help with the cost of the forum.

Thanks all for the feedback.

I've had no issues with the auto-renew feature through PayPal but that is just my experience. I enjoy UU and have made some really good friends here. I'm a proud UU VIP supporter. Consider joining folks.

I finally realized that I never joined before, I thought the UUU program was bundled with the VIP! Now I am, and what's the adsense problem anyway? I might provide some help if I know more details. Ryan if you wanna talk about it, please drop me an email to foxfair(@)gmail.com...

See if I could help -- and thanks for running this forum for us! I am always keeping a tab for UU both in my home and office laptops.

Top Bottom