What strings for KoAloha Pineapple Sunday and Soprano Tenor Neck.

Olarte

Reaction score
Now that I have found the elusive Pineapple Sunday, I want to have my other Koaloha the Soprano Tenor Neck strung with a low G.

So to you KoAloha owners what strings do you recommend?

Can I use the same strings on both models?

I believe the recommended strings are Worth CL strings?

But what size soprano or tenor?

Thanks in advance.
Ivan

I have used Worth CL and Worth BL, as well as the CT strings on my Pineapple Sunday. I have the CT on it right now. I liked the CL but it was a bit TOO bright for me with those, so I ended up putting on the CT and just have left them on there. But if I recall, I liked the BT -- I can't remember why I took them off.

Thanks, and after reading a bit, I don't know if a Low G would be appropriate on either the Soprano Tenor Neck or the Pineapple Sunday...

Any thoughts of stringing one of these beautiful ukes with Low G, and if so which one?

If it's a tenor scale, should be tenor strings. But a tenor neck on a soprano body/ could be anything. You can find out easily from Brian at Koaloha. He's great.

I liked the Worth browns that came with my Koaloha concert. I changed over to try out the Worth clears. I like them very much, too. Don't know if I have a preference, but I continue to string it with the clears and am never disappointed. Lots of color to the sound, even top to bottom, not a harsh sound ever. It is strung with a low G these days, too. The G string is a D'Addario NYL26W. That's for the concert, though. On my Tenor (Mya moe, not Koaloha) I've used D'Addario NYL28W for the low G with Worth clears. After lots of experimentation, I am very happy with the sound of these combinations.

As for whether or not you sholdn't try, I don't know why not. Ask Brian that, too.

Top Bottom