Ukeeku.com Going Acoustic Video Challenge

rotfl that is great Christian! Epic sneer and growls!! your voice sounds awsome on this, and the crying baby just adds to the it the sound haha Congrats on being the first entry!
Thx, WB-should you not be watching the Giants now?

That was great - I don't think I've ever heard the original, and I don't speak German, (one semester in high school a LOT of years ago is just enough to pick up "you have nothing" - or "not?") - the rest is Greek, er, German, to me.

Great job though. The facial expressions were fantastic. :)

John

might be me...
Monster Contest! Should be planning my own but simply had to arrange this yesterday...

Thank you for being the first. I e-mailed you for your address so I could send you a shirt and stickers as a thank you for being the first brave soul.
The bar is set people!!

Thanks for your kind words guys- just being German and playing evil,alone, should not win the contest, though- the baby was so happy since she had just had a majorly dirty diaper- the smell made it a one take video session...

So this can be edited up right? I'm trying to do a multi track deal... ish... it's not great, but I wanted to play around with a song for this. I've got most of the audio for the song laid down, so now I just need to record video...

that was awesome evil sneers, babies acting like they were getting thrown into the fires of hell, dirty diapers, demonic german lyrics excellent chrimess

So this can be edited up right? I'm trying to do a multi track deal... ish... it's not great, but I wanted to play around with a song for this. I've got most of the audio for the song laid down, so now I just need to record video...
Rules state 1) "electric song" 2) done with an acoustic uke as the main instrument 3) entered by Feb 14, 2012
Beyond that it is wide open to interpretation. GO CRAZY!!

One week into the contest, and there's one entry? For all that swag--more than I've seen in any contest to date. I mean, with all due respect, Mim's razzle dazzle contest had about 250 thread replies, and she was giving away one measly Makaii. And, it had a broken neck!

Looking forward to some video, men and ladies. Ukeeku has cornered the market on contests with this one.

i have never upped a vid before but i am working on a couple now, i have no decent recording hardware only a nokia cellphone and my laptop, but this competition has prompted me to dip my toe into the competition water, i don't mind if i don't win but it has given me a reason to at last upload a vid, so please be gentle with me with your critism when it does appear coz i am extremely shy and concientious, thanx for giving me the push i needed Ukeeku

i have never upped a vid before but i am working on a couple now, i have no decent recording hardware only a nokia cellphone and my laptop, but this competition has prompted me to dip my toe into the competition water, i don't mind if i don't win but it has given me a reason to at last upload a vid, so please be gentle with me with your critism when it does appear coz i am extremely shy and concientious, thanx for giving me the push i needed Ukeeku
You never know. but even if you don't win you are entered for a uke for just trying. I promise I will find a way to punch people over the interwebz if they are nothing but nice.

i am practising hard so prepare your ears, should be ready to post about the first week of february, practice practice practice, thanx for stickin up for me Ukeeku, i enjoy your site immensely, and thanx for the kind words coolkayaker, your a good man

looking forward to your video Kaizersoza! :) yes the inpiration to make the videos is the real prize ;) And who knows , there are a lot of nice prizes being raffled so everybody has a fair chance which is nice.

as far as lack of entries , mabee folks are sill busy recovering from the holidays? if your like me it generaly take you a while to get a video project completed too.

I'm sure there'll be LOADS of entries as February draws nearer. I am going to enter, just gotta find the right time to sit down and actually film the song I've chosen. Unfortunately I've been a little distracted by my new Eleuke, which I obviously can't use for this competition!

Rules state 1) "electric song" 2) done with an acoustic uke as the main instrument 3) entered by Feb 14, 2012
Beyond that it is wide open to interpretation. GO CRAZY!!

SWEET!!! I worked out a short version of a 7 minute song xD almost got the video done. It's not what I'll consider my "main entry," just a song I thought would be fun. Minimal time put into it xD I might have the video up tonight.

Be warned, the video is rather random and... stupid. Good word. And not good. Let's call this my "practice run." Short too :p

One week into the contest, and there's one entry? For all that swag--more than I've seen in any contest to date. I mean, with all due respect, Mim's razzle dazzle contest had about 250 thread replies, and she was giving away one measly Makaii. And, it had a broken neck!

Looking forward to some video, men and ladies. Ukeeku has cornered the market on contests with this one.

I've tentatively chosen about four songs - want to multi-track them and do them right so I probably won't have any entries until close to the deadline - that's assuming I can find the time at all.

I suspect most others are "heads down" working up something special... :)

Top Bottom