Yet another UK newb!

weblette

Reaction score
You know when it's the end of the year and you're thinking about resolutions and you think 'I'll like to learn something new next year' well that's what's brought me here :D

My main Christmas present was an IOU for a ukulele so I picked up my new Lanikai LU11 today. It's gorgeous and I've just about got the hang of C and F, Uncle Rod's Bootcamp is printed off and ready to be used.

I learned viola once upon a time to just-about-non-screechy level and sort-of-sing alto, husband plays guitar and three of my four kids do instruments so we've a smidge of musicality there.

Doubt I'll ever get to the heady heights of the utterly amazing Ukulele Orchestra of GB but a good blast round a campfire will do just the job, it'll give my Beaver Scouts something to giggle about anyway!

Really looking forward to getting stuck in, this website is fantastic :cool:

Welcome to the fold, but beware, uke is highly addictive!!!

And remember not to get too bogged down on "learning" too hard, just remember to have fun with it.

Well I think I'm already winding up the rest of the family :D

It really is addictive!

Getting the hang of the chords, now off to scour the threads on strumming techniques.

welcome to the world of ukulele, it is very addictive though so be prepared for it and also UAS, (ukulele aquisition syndrome)

Oh don't worry, I'm already wise to that (and have my eye on the lovely sapphire blue Ohana...) heh heh

Welcome to the Forum!

welcome aboard :~) fantastic helpful people on here, and sounds like you have UAS already lol i just got a Ohana Sk35 G a few weeks ago to add to my collection, anyway all the best and keep on strummin :)

Top Bottom