Is 250 BPM fast or slow for one year of playing?

Yeah, I know - this is an ancient thread and the OP is probably long gone, but...

Guitar shredding has no musical value in my opinion - it's just an exercise in showmanship. Worse than that, actually - have you ever looked closely at the audience in front of a shredder? They always look angry, with fists in the air, as if a fight were imminent. Nope, not musical at all.

Dang! I have one of those old-fashioned Seth Thomas wooden windup metronomes and the top speed on it is 208 BPM. :eek:

Well you could set it going and then throw it down the stairs ....or out the window on a piece of string........:)

Hey Ukulele Underground!

I was wondering, I've been playing guitar for about a year but I really haven't taken it up all that seriously until more recently and I feel like I've wasted a lot of time. I just recently started using a metronome and I've been practicing scales and arpeggios. I was wondering, is 250 bpm fast or slow for playing for a year now?

250 is the fastest I can play without getting sloppy and I'm still practicing so I think I can still do better soon. I have been able to do 260 a few times but I don't count it because more often than not I'll make a mistake or two at 260. 250 I have no issues with.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Dan
Read this Maybe I should meet this fellow's pharmacist.

Yeah, I know - this is an ancient thread and the OP is probably long gone, but...

Guitar shredding has no musical value in my opinion - it's just an exercise in showmanship. Worse than that, actually - have you ever looked closely at the audience in front of a shredder? They always look angry, with fists in the air, as if a fight were imminent. Nope, not musical at all.

Disagree....:D

Top Bottom