Charlotte NC

Reaction score
Hello! I own a lesson studio in SW Charlotte (Carowinds area) and I initially started using the instrument as a gateway to guitar...and for young kids...and for senior citizens, and for fun! Turns out, I love the Uke!

I am starting a group class in February. Once I get some student involvement, I will be actively organizing a public get-together either at my studio or at a nearby restaurant.

I am new to the board so if you are interested in helping or participating in the get-together please let me know...somehow :)

Yeah, I have met Mim personally and bought a uke from her. I am SO sad to see her leave town:(!

Greetings and welcome! I'd be sorry if Mim's was leaving my town too. Good luck. She can certainly put you in touch with anyone who can help.

Well, hot damn, Jim. I'm in SW Charlotte. Just a bit further down the road from you off of Sledge Rd. I'd be interested in the group class, the get-together, anything really. Let me know details once you've got them. I had never played an instrument 'til I tried the uke about three months ago. I love it.

Jim, just found your facebook page with the info on the uke class. I'll have to see if I can make that.

Jim, did the get-together ever materialize? I'm interested in more details...

Jim, did the get-together ever materialize? I'm interested in more details...
Hey sadly no. I also apologize that I did not get notifications of these previous messages. With the nice weather I would be interested in a GTG!! Let's do this!!!

Well, hot damn, Jim. I'm in SW Charlotte. Just a bit further down the road from you off of Sledge Rd. I'd be interested in the group class, the get-together, anything really. Let me know details once you've got them. I had never played an instrument 'til I tried the uke about three months ago. I love it.

I am sorry I did not get the notification falty. I am still interested in a GTG!!!

I'd love to get something going. I work into the evenings during the week so probably a Saturday or Sunday would be best for me. There is a place I do showcases at in Fort Mill SC, The Roasting Oven on Gold Hill Rd just off 77 that has outdoor seating and a covered patio. They also serve food and adult beverages. He's a great guy and would probably have no problem with us playing there sometime, even just a few of us to play and get organized.

Sounds like a plan. I could put together a meetup group so we can get the word out and put a little structure around this if that makes sense. I took a look at meetup and there are at least seven people in the Charlotte area who have expressed an interest on that site to organize a ukulele meetup and I imagine that there are a number of others who are not on meetup but would be interested. Perhaps the first meetup could be to plan how this whole thing could come together. Would that work for you Jim?

Welcome to the Forum!

Jim, I've created a meetup to help get this up and running - http://www.meetup.com/charlotteuke/. I can make you an co-organizer if you're interested - please let me know. In two days, a notice will go out from meetup to everyone who has registered on the site, indicated that they're interested in ukulele, and lives within a certain proximity of Charlotte to let them know that the group exists. We could also promote it here in the regional events board, the Southeast Ukers group and a few other places. Please let me know what you think.

Sounds like a plan. I could put together a meetup group so we can get the word out and put a little structure around this if that makes sense. I took a look at meetup and there are at least seven people in the Charlotte area who have expressed an interest on that site to organize a ukulele meetup and I imagine that there are a number of others who are not on meetup but would be interested. Perhaps the first meetup could be to plan how this whole thing could come together. Would that work for you Jim?

That sounds great to me Loz! I will shoot you my number in a PM and arrange to meet/chat soon. Falty? Anyone else in the area wants to be involved?

Top Bottom